Term or University Withdrawal Form
This form is to be used by students to notify the University of their plan to withdraw from all classes for the term indicated and/or their plan to leave the University. Students withdrawing from the current term will be dropped from all courses, a grade of “W” will be assigned for each course if received after the Add/Drop deadline. Requests for term withdrawals must be received PRIOR to the term withdrawal deadline. Please consult the academic calendar for term withdrawal deadlines. Students who elect to withdraw from the university will then need to apply for readmission if they wish to re-enroll in courses. Use the Term/University withdrawal form found in myWCU to initiate either process.
Tile navigation: Student Homepage>Classes Tile
- Students wanting to request a TERM and/or UNIVERSITY withdrawal can do so by first
logging into their myWCU account (my.wcupa.edu).
*Term withdrawals are when students are withdrawing from all of the courses they are currently taking. For more information see the Registration: Refunds and Withdrawals page.
- Students should then navigate to their Classes Tile on their homepage.
- Under the USEFUL LINKS section, you will see the Term/University Withdrawal Form link.
- Clicking this link will open a form in your browser. You should notice that the EMPLID
(your WCU ID number), First Name, Last Name, and WCU Email auto populate.
If they do not, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After your ID, First Name, Last Name, and WCU Email are visible on the form, please
indicate what TERM and TERM YEAR you are looking to withdrawal from.
Note: You can only select from the options given. If you are looking to withdrawal from a term not listed, please contact email@example.com.
- Please also indicate whether or not you are enrolled in a future term. If you select
yes, you will be asked to select which future term.
Click on the dropdown arrows to make your selections.
- Please indicate a reason for your withdrawal per the options listed. Click on the dropdown arrow and use the scroll bar to find the appropriate reason.
- Please indicate if you plan on returning to West Chester University. If yes, your request will be processed as a Term Withdrawal. If no, your request will
be processed as a University Withdrawal. Click on the dropdown arrow make your selection.
- You will be given the option to include supporting documents if you choose. Click on the Attach Supporting Doc button to load the files. Please Note: these are not required.
When uploading supporting documents, please be aware that only .tif/.tiff, .jpg/.jpeg, .pdf formats are accepted. We cannot accept images in mobile device formats at this time.
- You must indicate that you understand the Financial Aid implications associated with withdrawing
from a term; including the need to return aid and/or graduate assistantships. Please
speak with the Financial Aid Office if you have questions about how a Term or University
Withdrawal might impact your aid.
- Please add your signature to the form. Click anywhere in the box and use your cursor to sign.
- Once signed, you can click SUBMIT at the bottom of the form.
- If the form has been uploaded successfully, the following message will appear. Click on the Home button (icon shaped like a house) to return to myWCU. If you do not receive the message, email the Registrar's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Content Manager: Registrar's Office