Registration: Refunds and Withdrawals
Use myWCU to:
- Add/Drop Classes in Your myWCU
- Withdraw from a Course (NOT from a Term)
Are you a Fall 2020 Admit?
Undergraduate first-year and transfer students admitted and matriculated for Fall 2020 that no longer wish to attend WCU for the Fall 2020 term may request an admissions withdrawal through myWCU. Please click here for directions.
Please consult the Academic Calendar for add/drop deadlines each semester. During the open enrollment period, if students drop classes which results in a change to their bill, refunds will be processed automatically by the Office of the Bursar. Students can contact the Office of the Bursar for information about when a refund will be generated.
After the drop/add deadline, the below refund schedule goes into effect. Refunds are automatic according to the below schedule.
Full refunds for tuition and the general fee are available only through the add/drop deadline for a course. After that, tuition and the general fee are refunded according to the schedule below. Refer to the Academic Calendar for course-specific deadlines. These percentages apply to the total tuition bill, not to partial tuition payments. Questions about this, as well as when students will receive their refund, should be directed to the Office of the Bursar.
The following states how much tuition and general fees will be refunded based on when you withdrawal.
- Through the course add/drop deadline: 100%
- From add/drop through 12.50% of course length: 80%
- 12.51% - 19.44% of course length: 60%
- 19.45% - 26.39% of course length: 50%
- 26.40% - 33.33% of course length: 40%
- Greater than 33.33% of course length: No Refund
No refund will be given if the student:
- Drops a course but retains full-time status;
- Reduces his/her credit load after the end of the add/drop period but retains part-time status, or
- Owes the University money.
Technology Tuition Fee: Only refundable in full if the student drops all courses by the end of the add/drop period for the session. This fee will not be refunded partially or in full for any courses dropped after the add/drop period.
- Any appeals concerning the refund policy for tuition and the general fee are made to the Office of the Registrar.
- Appeals concerning the Housing or Meal Fee are made to the Office of Residence Life and Housing Services.
- Further appeals, if necessary, may be made to the Appeals Committee.
Individual fees will be refunded according to the policies described below.
Housing Fee (University-owned housing): In full prior to the first day of the semester. After the first day of the semester, prorated refunds are made on an individual basis through the Office of Residence Life and Housing Services. For affiliated student housing, please contact the private management company, University Student Housing (USH), operating the property.
Meal Fee: In full prior to the first day of the semester. After the first day of the semester, prorated refunds are made on an individual basis through the Office of Residence Life and Housing Services for resident students, and through the Office of the Bursar for commuter students.