Set Up Your @WCUPA.edu Account
Congrats new Golden Ram! After you’ve been accepted to West Chester University and after you pay the enrollment deposit, you’ll be able to set-up your West Chester University account (@wcupa.edu).
Your @wcupa.edu account provides you access to WCU email, myWCU, and more. Learn more about your @wcupa account.
How to Set-up Your @wcupa.edu
New STUDENT account
- Visit the West Chester University User Account Self Service page:
WCU User Account Self Service
- Click on “Initialize New Password” under the “New Student” headline.
- Enter your username.
- Your Username is the first letter of your first name and the first letter of your last name, followed by your WCU ID number.
- Your WCU ID number can be found in your admissions portal:
- If your WCU ID begins with a one, use the entire number. For example: 1234567 would use BE1234567@wcupa.edu
- If your WCU ID begins with a zero, always drop the leading 0. For example: 0123456 would use BE123456@wcupa.edu
- Enter your “old password” (format: WCU-MMDDYY).
- Your “old password" is a temporary password provided to you by WCU.
- Your “old password” is "WCU-" followed by your date of birth.
- Be sure to use uppercase for WCU
- MMDDYY is a representation of your date of birth. Example: January 1, 1984 = WCU-010184
- Create a password.
- Passwords must be 12 characters in length.
- Your password cannot contain any part of your name.
- Your password does not expire.
- Click “Update Password”.
- D2L and MyWCU access will be available immediately. Email access will be available 15 minutes after you create your password.
Welcome to your @wcupa.edu account!
What is a West Chester University account?
A West Chester University (@wcupa.edu) account serves four main purposes:
Access to myWCU
the student administration system which includes student information, financial aid information, billing, on-campus housing info, grading, and class scheduling.
Access to WCU Webmail
your WCU email account.
Access to D2L
portal used by instructors to post course materials, hold online discussions, tests, quizzes, and surveys
Access to RamNet
WCU’s wifi network (available on campus)
The IS&T Help Desk is the central point of contact for all technology-related hardware, software, and system support such as Office 365, myWCU and D2L at West Chester University.