Mid-Term Attendance Requirement
Faculty are required to record student attendance at various points throughout the semester, including around the mid-point of the term, as required by the department of education.
- The attendance fields are required and include: indicating whether or not the student is in good attendance, and providing the last date of attendance for students NOT in good attendance, and the mid-term grade for each student.
- To help support students, we have added an additional optional field to the rosters that allow faculty to indicate if a student would benefit from some additional outreach from the student success team to offer academic development skills, or access to resources.
Tile navigation: On your Faculty homepage, click the Student Alert & Attendance Tile
- View information about the student alert option and attendance requirement and a list
of your available rosters.
- Courses will only display between the course start & end date. .
- Select from the list of available courses.
- Note the attendance due date: the Attendance Requirement fields must be completed and submitted by 11:59 pm on the due date.
- Faculty must indicate if students have had a minimum of 2 graded assessments towards
their mid-term grade.
- To record “No” as your answer, you must click the response area twice.
- Faculty must indicate if students are in good attendance by selecting Yes or No from
the drop down.
- If the student is not in good attendance, a last date of attendance must be provided.
- A specific mid-term grade must be provided for all students.
- Mid-term grades are now required for all students, regardless of their attendance status. Select the student’s current letter grade from the mid-term grade dropdown.
- Once attendance has been entered for all students, click submit (located on the bottom right).
Optional Academic Alerts
- Faculty may also note success concerns they have for a student and if they believe a student would benefit from some additional outreach from the student success team.
- Use the scroll within the attendance roster to complete attendance for all students.
- Expand your view of the page by hiding the class details and/or by hiding the menu on the left side of the screen.
- To sort the roster, click on the up-down arrows located under the number of rows.
- Select your sort preference from the dropdown.
Content Manager: AES