West Chester University students and employees have access to our networks anywhere they go on campus, whether they are in their resident halls, academic buildings, or out in the quad. There are two different wireless networks here on campus: RamNet and RamNet-Guest.
- RamNet is a secure network which students and employees can connect their phones, tablets, and laptops using their WCU username and password.
- RamNet-Guest is used by campus visitors who can create a temporary 24-hour account by connecting
to RamNet-Guest to access the Internet. This network is also used for smart devices.
- Smart devices such as streaming devices, game consoles, and smart TVs should automatically connect to RamNet-Guest without asking to sign in. If your device does not automatically connect to the network please contact the IS&T Help Desk. Devices must be registered in ClearPass before they can be connected to the Wifi RamNet-Guest wireless network.
- RamPrint printers can be found all throughout campus. You can send documents to RamPrint from your personal device as long as it is connected to RamNet. Learn more…
- Personal routers are not supported or necessary on campus. Students will be connected to access points, which are located all over campus, including residence halls and academic buildings.
Duo Multi-Factor Authentication
Duo Security uses two-factor authentication to verify your identity to ensure that the person trying to access your account is indeed you. It is called two-factor authentication because it uses two forms of authentication to verify your identity: 1) something you KNOW and 2) something you HAVE.
First, when you visit a secured West Chester University application, you will provide something you KNOW - your West Chester University Username and password.
Secondly, you will use something you HAVE - a physical device such as a smartphone
or tablet to verify your identity to complete the login. This approach protects your
WCU account from fraudulent access and you are then granted secure access to that
A virtual private network, or VPN, is an encrypted connection over the Internet from a device to a network. The encrypted connection helps ensure that sensitive data is safely transmitted. It prevents unauthorized people from eavesdropping on the traffic and allows the user to conduct work remotely. VPN technology is used at WCU to allow employees to remotely access the WCU network from any off campus location with Internet access. Employees will need to submit a request in ServiceNow to use the VPN. Use of Duo (see above) is required for Multi-Factor authentication as well as the installation of Cisco AnyConnect software on the user's computer.
Employee Account Application
Apply for an employee account by completing the form and sending it to the email address specified.