Transfer Credit Center: Test Credit
New and Current Students
- Recognized Accrediting Organizations
- Advanced Placement
- Undergraduate Catalog
- Professional Testing Center (PTC)
- CLEP College Board
- Bursar's Office
- Financial Aid: Transfers
- Experiential Learning Credits
- Transfer of Credit
- Center for International Programs
- PA Transfer and Articulation Center
- Financial Aid: Scholarships
- Greg and Sandra Weisenstein Veterans Center
- In order to receive credit for AP (Advanced Placement) at West Chester University, incoming students must have College Board send their official Student Score Report for Colleges and Universities to the Office of the Registrar, West Chester University, 25 University Avenue, West Chester, PA 19383.
- View the AP Scores and Course Equivalencies at WCU to see a list of the Advanced Placement Examinations accepted by West Chester University, the required minimum score, the course equivalent and number of credits that will be awarded if the minimum score is attained
West Chester University only accepts official scores that are sent directly from College Board. We cannot evaluate scores received in any other manner, including on another school's transcript.
West Chester University accepts scores in the 50th percentile and above. For CLEP foreign language exams, a score in at least the 63rd percentile is required for the second level of the exam.
Ready to Take the Exam?
- Check the List of CLEP Examinations at WCU . West Chester University does NOT accept General CLEP exams.
- Schedule an Examination Date: Contact the Professional Testing Center (PTC) to schedule an appointment: Phone: 610-436-2413.
Registration and Payment Information
- Register and pay for your CLEP exam on College Board's website.
- Remember to take your REGISTRATION TICKET to the TEST CENTER on TEST DAY.
- Pay the West Chester University $12 administrative fee at the Office of the Bursar (fee is subject to change). You may use cash or check for payment. Checks must be made payable to "West Chester University."
- After paying your WCU portion, take your receipt along with your registration ticket to the testing center the day of the test.
After Exam Has Been Completed
- After you have completed your exam, scores will be viewable online. Please note, scores will not be available in paper format.
- College Board will send all scores (Pass or Fail) to West Chester University. Tests
that have been successfully completed will then be posted to students accounts by
the Registrar's Office within 2 business days of receipt from College Board.
- Note: College Board mails official scores within three weeks of completing the exam to the Office of the Registrar.
- Please be sure to view your myWCU unofficial transcript for test credit.
- Credit received from International Baccalaureate programs may be applied towards advanced placement in the University and/or towards credit requirements for graduation.
- View the International Baccalaureate (IB) Scores and Equivalencies to see a list of the IB courses accepted by West Chester University, the required minimum score, the course equivalent and the number of credits that will be awarded if the minimum score is attained.
Further information regard IB can be found at IBO.org.