Transfer Credit Center: Credit Evaluation Process
Admission to WCU: #WCUaccepted for #WCUtransfer
- Transfer credit evaluations are only completed for students admitted to WCU.
- After you have been admitted, your official transcripts will be reviewed and your courses will be evaluated. You will receive your evaluation prior to your Admission's deposit due.
- Next, make sure you take all necessary steps to secure your acceptance.
Transfer credit evaluations are completed on a course-by-course basis. Each course on your official transcripts will be assigned an equivalency.
The Four Types of Course Equivalencies
- Specific Course Equivalency: This is when a transfer course is equivalent to a specific course at WCU. Examples: PSY 100, BIO 100, WRT 120, etc.
- Subject-Specific Electives: This is credit that is specific to a subject but NOT a specific course at WCU. The number 199 is paired with a specific subject to reflect this. Examples: PSY 199, BIO 199, PHI 199, etc.
- General Transfer Equivalency: This equivalency is used when the course is not equivalent to a specific course OR subject at WCU. This equivalency is TRN 199. Please note: This course equivalency does NOT fulfill any specific degree requirements. It only counts towards the 120 credits needed to graduate.
- Rejected Equivalency: This equivalency is used for credits that are not accepted by WCU. There are several
reasons why a course would be rejected, and each reason is given a code:
- RM = Remedial credit
- NG = No Grade
- NC = Non-College credit (Example: First year seminars)
- NE = No Equivalent
- GL = Grade Low
- OT = Other
- DC = Duplicate Credit
- A course credit evaluation will be sent to you, generally within 14 days.
- Please note that this is the only transfer credit evaluation you will receive. Additional updates can only be reviewed by accessing your myWCU account.
- Sample Course Credit Evaluation