Transfer credit evaluations are completed on a course-by-course basis. Each course
on your official transcripts will be assigned an equivalency.
The Four Types of Course Equivalencies
- Specific Course Equivalency: This is when a transfer course is equivalent to a specific course at WCU. Examples:
PSY 100, BIO 100, WRT 120, etc.
- Subject-Specific Electives: This is credit that is specific to a subject but NOT a specific course at WCU. The
number 199 is paired with a specific subject to reflect this. Examples: PSY 199, BIO
199, PHI 199, etc.
- General Transfer Equivalency: This equivalency is used when the course is not equivalent to a specific course OR
subject at WCU. This equivalency is TRN 199. Please note: This course equivalency
does NOT fulfill any specific degree requirements. It only counts towards the 120
credits needed to graduate.
- Rejected Equivalency: This equivalency is used for credits that are not accepted by WCU. There are several
reasons why a course would be rejected, and each reason is given a code:
- RM = Remedial credit
- NG = No Grade
- NC = Non-College credit (Example: First year seminars)
- NE = No Equivalent
- GL = Grade Low
- OT = Other
- DC = Duplicate Credit