The German Club met at Brauhaus Schmitz, considered Philadelphia’s best authentic German restaurant and beer hall! (November 2016)
The German club visits the Sedgwick Theater in February 2015,
to see an adaptation of Kafka's Metamorphosis.
- German Club Meetings are every 2nd Thursday of the month.
- German Club Movie Nights are every 3rd Tuesday of the month.
Our club advisor, Dr. Joseph Moser hosts a weekly German "Stammtisch" at which local native and non-native speakers get together to speak German in a West Chester restaurant.
- We are hoping to eat at a new german restaurant in south Philadelphia called Brauhaus Schmitz.
- We are also planning to hold a cooperative trip to Washington D.C.
- Some of the activities that the German club has done in the past include:
- attending operas such as Mozart'sThe Magic Flute at the Academy of Music in Philadelphia
- watching German films
- attending talks at the PA German Society in Philadelphia
- joining in the Mardi Gras (Fasching) parties and Christmas market at the PA German Society
- a day trip to Ephrata, Lancaster County to visit the Ephrata Cloister (an old German religious order that is now a museum)
- eating in a German restaurant