Back to top of page.
||Eric Austin Matthews
||Dr. Joseph Moser
- German Club Meetings are every 2nd Thursday of the month.
- German Club Movie Nights are every 3rd Tuesday of the month.
- Our club advisor, Dr. Joseph Moser hosts a weekly German "Stammtisch" at which local native and non-native speakers get
together to speak German in a West Chester restaurant.
- We are hoping to eat at a new german restaurant in south Philadelphia called Brauhaus
- We are also planning to hold a cooperative trip to Washington D.C.
- Some of the activities that the German club has done in the past include:
- attending operas such as Mozart'sThe Magic Flute at the Academy of Music in Philadelphia
- watching German films
- attending talks at the PA German Society in Philadelphia
- joining in the Mardi Gras (Fasching) parties and Christmas market at the PA German
- a day trip to Ephrata, Lancaster County to visit the Ephrata Cloister (an old German
religious order that is now a museum)
- eating in a German restaurant
The German Club met at Brauhaus Schmitz, considered Philadelphia’s best authentic
German restaurant and beer hall!
The German club visits the Sedgwick Theater,
to see an adaptation of Kafka's Metamorphosis.