Vendor Information and Guidelines
This information applies only to non West Chester University organizations. West Chester
University departments and Student Organizations can refer to the Room Reservations and Meeting Space page.
All outside vendors must complete the Vending Application - Guidelines and Terms and Conditions . As soon as it is returned, you will be contacted as to the status of the application.
West Chester University, through its Affirmative Action policy, is committed to providing
leadership in extending equal opportunities to all individuals. Accordingly, the University
will make every effort to provide these rights to all persons regardless of race,
religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability and veteran status. The policy applies to all members of the University
community including students, faculty, staff and administrators. It also applies to
all applicants for admission or employment and all participants in University-sponsored
activities. As an integral part of the University, the Sykes Student Union Advisory
Board supports this policy of non-discrimination.
Criteria for Consideration of Proposals for Sales with the West Chester University's
Sykes Student Union
- Applications will be judged on previous successful sales experience, reference checks,
past and present performance, and compatibility with the existing operations.
- Merchandise must be legal, no bootleg items; items made through copyright infringement;
no drug, alcohol and sexual related items; no candles, incense or other items may
- The West Chester University Sykes Student Union staff reserves the right to inspect
and approve the quality and selection of the merchandise.
Please Note: All taxes, including sales tax, are the responsibility of the vendor
as legislated by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
General Terms and Conditions
All activities will be conducted from the designated assigned area, allowing people
to approach the areas of their own free will. Approaching people away from the assigned
space and vocal coercion will not be permitted. Vendors are expected to act in a
professional manner at all times.
- Reservations for the rental of a vending space with Sykes Student Union may be made
in person, over the phone or in writing to Sabrina Rightmer, Administrative Assistant
to the Director of Sykes Student Union, West Chester University, 110 W. Rosedale Avenue,
West Chester, PA 19383 (610-436-2984) or
- Vending space is available each day, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
each day. Weekend hours are available through special request. Vendors are restricted
to no more than two (2) days per week unless by special permission.
- The vending fees and process are as follows:
- General Vendors - $60.00 during the fall semester and $60.00 during the spring semester,
per day, per space. General vendors are described as other than those vendors mentioned
below. Every 5th date is free, following 4 paid dates.
- Credit Card Vendors - $150.00 with a maximum of three bookings per company, per semester.
- Credit card vendors are required to clearly display the interest rates for the cards
you are promoting. This display should include the introductory rates, the length
of the introductory rates and the rate following the introductory period.
- Credit card vendors are required to place information regarding debt management, which
will be provided by the University, in clear view on the table.
- Credit card vendors are not permitted to "give away" promotional items as enticements for applicants.
- Cell Phone Vendors - $150.00 at all times per booking
- When you have been notified of your confirmation, please send your payment to:
- Sykes Student Union Vending Program
- Sykes Student Union, Room 116
- West Chester University
- West Chester, PA 19383
- Checks should be made payable to: West Chester University Account #50003
- Vendors are confined to a space, approximately 8 ft. by 8 ft. Two tables will be
provided. Items stored and additional racks brought, must be kept within your space
and neat in appearance.
- Vendors are permitted to post signs behind their tables on fabric covered walls.
- The University will attempt to avoid renting table space to more than one vendor selling
similar items on the same day, but it does occur.
- The selling or giving away of food and items that are in competition with the Student
Services Inc. Campus Bookstore or WCU Campus Dining Services is prohibited.
- Vendors must abide by all Federal, Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education,
West Chester University and Sykes Student Union policies.
- Vendors must clean up all refuse and debris caused by the sale of merchandise, prior
to leaving Sykes Student Union.
- Extension cords, hand trucks or flat-bed carts will be provided.
- Loading and unloading should be done through the building loading area. Vendors are
to use the freight elevator only.
- Temporary parking permits are available from the Sykes Student Union Administrative
Office Information Desk. Vendors may park in designated spaces with a parking permit.
Tickets received for illegal parking, or vehicles that are towed, are your responsibility.
No more than two (2) passes per vendor are distributed.
- Sykes Student Union reserves the right to cancel an advance reservation. The Union
will give as much notice as possible and will attempt to reschedule the vending date.
- Two (2) no shows, without proper notification, will result in the loss of space privilege
for the remainder of the semester or academic year. A cancellation fee of $25.00
per space date may be charged for the remainder of the scheduled dates.
- Vendors may not be sponsored by student organizations. Vendors wishing to work with
student organizations may do so but must follow all vending guidelines including the
space rental fee. A company representative must also be on site at all times.
- Sykes Student Union is the designated space on the West Chester University Campus
where vending may take place. Vending in other campus locations is not permitted without prior approval.
- Vendor’s TAX ID # is required for application approval.
- Insurance is the responsibility of the vendor.
- West Chester University is not responsible for any property brought onto or maintained
on this campus by the vendor or agents. The vendor accepts sole responsibility for
any such property.