Welcome! Thank you for expressing your interest in applying for employment in Sykes
Student Union. Our mission is to provide an atmosphere whereby students, faculty,
staff and guests can gather to participate in experiences out of the classroom setting.
These experiences may be through cultural, recreational, educational, social programs
and activities. Students employed in Sykes Student Union are looked upon as a team
whose goal is to serve the campus and the community, ensuring that our mission is
We are accepting applications for employment for positions at the information desk,
copy center, student director and event staff. Please be sure to view the job description
prior to applying for any position. Email us at
if you have any questions about the application or interview process.
Every employee is essential to the overall operation of the building.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Reliable, dependable, responsible and confident
- Demonstrated ability to work with groups of diverse individuals
- Ability to work without supervision
- Dedication to working as a team player
- Ability to work weekend shifts (not every weekend)
- Maintain the minimum cumulative grade point average (2.25 for information, copy and
event staff and 2.5 for student director positions)
- Provide high quality work for all clients
- Must attend all training sessions
- Comply with all aspects of the University Student Code of Conduct
- Maintain the highest ethical and professional conduct at all times
- Successful completion of the Pre-Employment Background Check
Those who possess a sincere interest in being an employee of Sykes Student Union should
follow the process outlined below.
- Complete an offical application on OrgSync
- The applications will be reviewed and if selected you will be contacted to participate
in the interview process.
- Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of the Pre-Employment
Background Check and WCU campus judicial history.
- Position offers will be given in writing.
- New staff will be required to complete shadowing hours with current staff and must
attend training sessions held at the end of the current semester and the beginning
of the next semester.