Students employed in Sykes Student Union are looked upon as a team whose goal is to serve the campus and the community, ensuring that our mission is fulfilled. Every employee is essential to the overall operation of the building.
On this page, you'll find helpful information about working at the student union such as job descriptions, a link to the online application, and eligibility requirements.
Benefits of Working at Sykes
Sykes Student Union and Activities is proud to employ nearly 50 students in its operation. As an employee, you'll enjoy many benefits and perks, including:
- little to no commute
- setting your own schedule
- career development
- campus networking opportunities
- knowledge of campus events and information
- access to free food leftover from events in the building
- a close-knit family of coworkers
We hire students twice per year. Please be sure to view the job descriptions linked below prior to applying for any position.
Email us at SykesTime@wcupa.edu if you have any questions about the application or interview process.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Reliable, dependable, responsible, and confident
- Demonstrated ability to work with groups of diverse individuals
- Ability to work without supervision
- Dedication to working as a team player
- Ability to work some weekend shifts
- Maintain a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Provide high quality work for all clients
- Must attend all training sessions
- Comply with all aspects of the University Student Code of Conduct
- Maintain the highest ethical and professional conduct at all times
- Successful completion of the Pre-Employment Background Check
Those who possess a sincere interest in working for Sykes Student Union should follow the process outlined below.
- Complete an offical application online.
- Upon review of your application, you will be contacted to participate in the interview process if you meet the requirements.
- Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of the Pre-Employment Background Check, GPA check and Student Conduct check.
- Position offers will be sent in writing via email.
- New staff are required to complete onboarding, training, and shadowing hours with current staff held at the end of the current semester and the beginning of the next semester.
If you have any comments, concerns, or suggestions, we encourage you to share them with us. We at Sykes Student Union, strive provide excellence and we appreciate your feedback.