Sykes provides the following services, conveniences, and facilities designed to support the needs of West Chester University and the community.
At the Information Desk, our highly trained and professional staff will do their best to find the answer to any question. If you need assistance with a room set up or technical help, our Student Director staff will be there to support your needs. The Information Desk staff can also assist you in finding the location and time of an event by looking it up on 25Live.
The Information Desk offers other services:
- Laptop Loan: If you’re in between classes and need a laptop to work while visiting Sykes, we have laptops available for you to borrow. Laptops cannot leave the building and are available for a maximum of 3 hours. A valid student ID card is required for borrowing.
- Office Supplies: Need to borrow a stapler, tape, tissue, or hand sanitizer? We’ve got those for you at the Info Desk, too.
- Lost and Found: Items found throughout the union should be turned into the staff at the Info Desk. All items are logged and every attempt is made to return them the owner. Items of significant value are brought to the Department of Public Safety. Found Ram Cards are returned to Student Services, Inc. (SSI) Service Center during normal business hours. If you have lost an item and want to see if it has been turned in, call 610-436-3360 and a member of our staff will check the log. Items will be retained for 30 days. After that period, all unclaimed items will be discarded or donated.
- Posting Flyers: Sykes Student Union staff will approve and post all flyers at three designated locations throughout the building. Flyers remain hung for two weeks. Check Building Policies for more details.
- SEPTA Schedules: SEPTA schedule booklets are available at the Information Desk. You can also get the schedules online or use the Trip Planner feature on SETPA's website.
Located on the second floor of Sykes Student Union in room 235, The Copy Center strives to offer low-cost services to meet the needs of student organizations, university departments, students, and the general public. You can speak directly to The Copy Center staff during business hours at 610-436-3336 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Basic printing/copying
- Color printing/copying
- Various paper sizes
- Various paper colors and qualities
- 3.0 mm lamination
- Binding up to 125 sheets
View our current pricing here. We accept RamBucks and Venmo payments. Student organizations and university departments may pay using their SSI or SAP accounts by filling out an Authorized User Form at the beginning of every academic year with the names of authorized members who can charge to the account.
PSECU, also known as the Pennsylvania State Employees Credit Union has partnered with West Chester University to provide comprehensive banking services and financial education to the campus community.
The credit union has a Financial Education Center located in the Campus Store and an ATM on the ground floor adjacent to the Student Services, Inc. Service Center. Additional campus ATMs are located at the Lawrence Dining Hall, Bull Center, Church St. Kiosk, Ram Shop, and South Campus Apartment Complex.
PSECU also offers free checking, debit cards with a rewards program, digital banking, personal or auto loans, credit cards mortgages, real estate equity, and retirement investing. On campus, the credit union also offers scholarship opportunities for PSECU members, paid internship opportunities, and financial education services.
To join PSECU or to learn more about what we offer, please visit the Financial Education Center or their website.
PSECU is still here for your financial education questions or needs. Your West Chester University PSECU Financial Education Center is available for virtual office hours by phone or through Zoom. Please contact Amanda Altice at email@example.com to set up an appointment. Please do not include personal information (such as your bank account number or Social Security number) in your email message. For specific questions about your PSECU account, please contact 800.237.7328.
PSECU is also offering weekly financial literacy webinars that will be helpful during this new reality. Contact Amanda for access.
HoursMonday-Thursday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Friday: 9:00 am – 4:00 pmPlease call to check hours for summer or break periods.
- All Gender Restrooms: Two all gender restrooms are located on the ground floor adjacent to EcoGrounds.
- Lactation Room: Sykes also hosts one of WCU's Lactation Rooms on the third floor in room 306. Available for use during building hours, the Information Desk on the first floor can provide the combination to access the private room. The room includes a recliner, a table, a small refrigerator, a microwave, fan, outlet, and locked door. A sink is available in the second floor restroom.
- Prayer & Meditation Space: Located on the third floor adjacent to the Lactation Room, there is dedicated space for quiet reflection and prayer.
- Locker Rentals: Lockers are available on the ground floor and can be rented by the semester ($15.00) or the academic year ($20.00). Stop by the Student Services, Inc. (SSI) Service Center on the ground floor for more information.
Free Student Legal Services: Currently active students can make an appointment on MyWCU to meet with a lawyer for free legal services. The lawyer can provide consultation on a variety of civil and criminal issues - landlord/tenant, leases, citations, etc. This is offered by appointment; and a consultation is expected to last 15 minutes. Details can be found on MyWCU and on the Off Campus and Commuter Services (OCCS) website.
Student Office Keys: Student organizations with offices on the second floor may obtain the key to their office by stopping at the Information Desk and exchanging their WCU ID for the key. Keys may not leave the building and you must be on the authorized key list. The President or the Advisor of the organization are the only ones authorized to make changes to the key list. For more information, contact Ann Callaghan.
Proximity Cards: Prox cards are a keyless entry into the student organizations offices located in the Center for Student Involvement (CSI) on the second floor. For more information, contact contact Ann Callaghan.