Grades: Degree Progress Report

Access your DPR

You can access your Degree Progress Report through myWCU with the following steps:

  1. Login to myWCU
  2. Click on "Degree Progress Report" within the Useful Links section under Academic Information.
  3. You will find the following information on your DPR:
    • Total adjusted credits (AdjCr) towards graduation
    • Comments from advisors and graduation analysts
    • General education and degree requirements marked as "Satisfied", "Not Satisfied", or "In Progress"
  4. To print a PDF of your DPR, click on View Report as a PDF

Key Resources:

The DPR is Essential for Students and Faculty Advisors

The Degree Progress Report (DPR) is a guide for a student's academic progress. Students can access, view, and print a DPR in myWCU to track their academic progress towards completion of their degree requirements. It is meant to be a tool for advisement and schedule planning; it does not prevent a student from graduating. Every student’s academic situation is unique, so advising notes may also be incorporated into the report to clarify any discrepancies. 

It is important to:

  • Run your Degree Progress Report in myWCU before the start of every term
  • Meet with your advisor to discuss degree progress and plan future semester schedules

If You Are Graduating

If you are graduating, please go over the following with your advisor:

  • Make sure you have a 300/400 level Writing Emphasis course.
  • Make sure all individual general education requirements have been satisfied.
    • Some courses may fulfill more than one requirement.
    • Interdisciplinary courses may NOT be used to fulfill a distributive requirement.
    • Culture cluster courses used toward the foreign language requirement may NOT simultaneously fulfill a distributive requirement.
  • Check the total adjusted credits (AdjCr) to make sure that you have the required minimum of 120 credits.
  • Check the minimum GPA and total credit requirement of your specific major, as some programs require more than 120 minimum credits to graduate.
  • If you are a transfer student, make sure transfer credits are posted.
  • At least 30 of the last 60 credits must be taken at WCU. At least 50% of the major and 50% of the minor must be taken at WCU.
    • The DPR does not calculate residency requirements, so they must be checked manually.

If You Are Planning a Program Change

If you are planning or considering a change of major or the addition of a minor, certificate, or second major, you can run your What-If DPR in myWCU to see how your current credits would fall into place.  You can also use it to predict where a future course might land in your current or proposed requirements.

Back to top of page.