Summer 2020 Orientation Information for Parents, Guardians, Family Members & Friends
Welcome parents, guardians, family members, and friends to West Chester University!
We are excited to welcome your new student to our campus and you to the RamFam, and
we value your involvement and support. Our programs are designed to ensure your student's
success as they transition from high school to college or from another school to West
Following guidelines issued by the State System of Higher Education, there will be
no in-person orientation sessions this summer. We are currently working to deliver
content remotely for incoming students and the people who support them. Information
about these programs will be sent to students' WCU emails and posted to our website
as it is finalized. In the interim, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate
to contact our office at (610) 436-3305 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Research shows that orientation is an important first step in ensuring a student's successful transition from high school to college or from one institution to another. We want all new students to be successful Golden Rams, and we believe strongly that orientation plays an integral part in that success. Although it will look a little different for summer 2020, all new students will still be required to complete orientation programming.
New first-year (freshman) students will:
- Complete an online orientation component
- Participate in live virtual programs
- Participate in Welcome Weekend programs
Transfer students will participate in virtual orientation. Details about this program will be posted here as they are finalized.
We encourage you to explore the first-year and the transfer student tabs above to find more information about these programs as it is posted. Have your student check their WCU email regularly, and review the information they receive with them as they prepare to join the Golden Ram Family.
- Academic Support Services
- Bursar's Office
- Campus Store
- Career Development Center
- Center for Trans and Queer Advocacy
- Center for Women and Gender Equity
- Counseling and Psychological Services
- Dowdy Multicultural Center
- Financial Aid
- IT Help Desk
- Learning Assistance and Resource Center (tutoring services)
- Office of Parent and Family Relations
- Office of Services for Students with Disabilities
- PSECU Banking for College Students
- Public Safety
- Residence Life and Housing Services (traditional housing)
- Student Health Services
- University Student Housing (affiliated housing)
- WCU Alerts
- West Chester's First (programs for first-generation college students)
- #WCUFinLit (financial literacy program)