What does "first-generation" mean?
West Chester University considers you a first genertation college student if none of your parents/guardians completed a Bachelor's degree. Participate in West Chester's First events to meet other first-gens, improve your skills to become a more successful student, and connect yourself and your family to the campus!
- Virtual Fall Involvement Fair: Wednesday, August 26, 11am-3:30pm
- Register to attend on RamConnect and stop by the West Chester's First virtual booth
- Ram Fam Weekend Event: Saturday, September 26, 4-5pm
- A fun trivia event for first-gen students and their families, with prizes! More information coming in early September.
- National First Generation Celebration Day: Sunday, November 8
- WCU will join colleges across the country in celebrating our first-gens all week long! Check back on the website for more details.
Why participate in West Chester's First programs?
We encourage first-generation students to participate in our programs to:
· gain a sense of belonging and establish your identity on our campus
· improve your skills to become a successful student
· helping increase awareness surrounding you and your family’s needs as first-generation student
FIRST GEN RESOURCES
The Division of Student Affairs is committed to see you through the transition to alternative modes of instruction and a number of departments are prepared to continue engaging with our first-generation students through programs and resources to encourage you to reach your full potential. Please visit the WeCU website to learn more about current and incoming avenues of support, engagement, and involvement. Please continue to check your emails for announcements on first-generation targeted events and resources!