THE LEARNING ASSISTANCE AND RESOURCE CENTER
The Learning Assistance and Resource Center provides academic support through tutoring and academic success coaching services to promote independent and active learners at West Chester University.
To bring the Learning Assistance and Resource Center into the Digital Age, including more online tutoring and success coaching options, virtual staff assistance, and more online collaboration opportunities
To continue and develop on-campus partnerships with various academic and co-curricular units, faculty members, and offices to enhance student support
To be a model for best practices of tutoring and success coaching services through faculty, staff, and student research and to put theory into practice
To be implementing, evaluating, and assessing the methods to continuously improve the department services
Students will walk away from the Learning Assistance and Resource Center with one or more of the following:
The ability to apply learning strategies to promote their own student success in various disciplines
Leadership skills to be used in their future career and educational opportunities
Gain self-awareness through identifying personal strengths and building up areas of improvement
We want you to walk out of the LARC a little more confident than you walked in.
- The LARC will offer virtual tutoring (via Zoom) for many 100 and 200 level courses during Fall 2020
- To find our ful fall tutoring plan, press the "Tutoring" button to the left. There will be no weekly sessions and all tutoring is appointment-based and as-needed.
- Sign-ups will be live the first day of classes: Monday, August 24th.
- We are still accepting and reviewing applications for the Fall for select courses, and all interviews will be held via Zoom.
- Success Coaching will be available for Fall 2020 and all sessions will be held via Zoom. Success Coaches help with organization, time management, and other skills necessary needed for success in college.
- Any question regards to tutoring should be directed to Kaitlyn Crouse-Machcinski at KCROUSE2@wcupa.edu.
- Any question regards to success coaching or Academic Success Workshops should be directed to Rita Patel Eng at RPATELENG@wcupa.edu
- The professional staff will be available Monday-Friday 8am-4pm to answer your questions. Peer Tutor Coordinators will be available to answer your questions via email (LARC@wcupa.edu) or text 484-295-7895 until 9pm Monday-Thursday and on Sunday evenings, 6-9pm.
- The professional staff is off on Labor Day.