THE LEARNING ASSISTANCE AND RESOURCE CENTER
The Learning Assistance and Resource Center provides academic support through tutoring and academic success coaching services to promote independent and active learners at West Chester University.
To bring the Learning Assistance and Resource Center into the Digital Age, including more online tutoring and success coaching options, virtual staff assistance, and more online collaboration opportunities
To continue and develop on-campus partnerships with various academic and co-curricular units, faculty members, and offices to enhance student support
To be a model for best practices of tutoring and success coaching services through faculty, staff, and student research and to put theory into practice
To be implementing, evaluating, and assessing the methods to continuously improve the department services
Students will walk away from the Learning Assistance and Resource Center with one or more of the following:
The ability to apply learning strategies to promote their own student success in various disciplines
Leadership skills to be used in their future career and educational opportunities
Gain self-awareness through identifying personal strengths and building up areas of improvement
We want you to walk out of the LARC a little more confident than you walked in.
- The LARC will offer virtual tutoring (via Zoom) for select courses during Summer Session
I and Summer Session II for the following courses:
- ACC 201, 202; BIO 100, 110, 259; CHE 103, 104, 107, 230, 231, 476; ECO 111,112; MAT 101, 102, 103, 113, 121, 143, 151, 161, 162, 261, 311, 343; PHY 100, 240; SPA 101, 102
- To sign-up for a summer tutor, go here: https://wcupa.mywconline.net/
- There is no weekly limit on summer tutoring hours. Tutors schedule reset every week.
- We are still accepting and reviewing applications for the Fall, and all interviews will be held via Zoom.
- Any question regards to tutoring should be directed to Kaitlyn Crouse-Machcinski at KCROUSE2@wcupa.edu or via text at 484-295-7895.
- Any question regards to success coaching or Academic Success Workshops should be directed to Rita Patel Eng at RPATELENG@wcupa.edu
- The professional staff will be available through the summer Monday-Friday 8am-4pm to answer your questions. The professional staff is off on Memorial Day and the Fourth of July.