Welcome to Sykes Student Union's Information desk. Our highly trained and professional
staff will do their best to find the answer to any question. If you need assistance
with a room set up or technical help, our Student Director staff will be there to
support your needs. The Information Desk staff can assist you in trying to find the
location and time of an event by looking it up on 25live.collegenet.com/wcupa.
Sykes Student Union offers other services:
- Laptop Loan: We offer a student laptop loan service. All you need is your student ID. Laptops
cannot leave the building and are availale for a maximum of 3 hours.
- Posting-Flyers: Sykes Student Union staff will be responsible for the approval and posting of all
flyers. Three flyers are permitted and they remain hung for two weeks. Also see Building Policies for more details.
- Free Student Legal Service: Currently active students can make an appointment on MyWCU to meet with a lawyer.
A consultation is expected to last 15 minutes. Details can be found on MyWCU and on
the Off Campus and Commuter Services (OCCS) website. Free Student Legal Service
- SEPTA Schedules: SEPTA schedule booklets are available at the information desk. You can also get
the schedules online or use the Trip Planner feature on SETPA's website.
- Student Office Keys: Student organization with offices on the second floor may obtain the key to their
office by stopping at the Information Desk and exchanging their WCU ID for the key.
Keys may not leave the building and you must be on the authorized key list. The President
or the Advisor of the organization are the only ones authorized to make changes to
the key list. For more information, contact
- Proximity Cards: Prox cards are a keyless entry into the 7 student organizations offices located
in the Center for Student Involvement (CSI) on the second floor. For more information,
- Lockers - Lockers are available on the ground floor and can be rented by the semester ($15.00)
or the academic year ($20.00). Stop by the Student Services, Inc. (SSI) Service Center
window on the ground floor of Sykes Student Union for more information.
The copy center offers many different services, including color or black and white
copies, faxing, scanning. transparencies, and lamination. Choose from a variety of
paper sizes, colors, card stock and glossy paper. There are two Macs and a professional-grade
photo printer. Graphic Art students can use the photo printer for their work. We have
a color plotter for large posters. The copy center is located on the second floor
of Sykes Student Union in room 235.
- Mon-Thu: 9:00am-7:00pm
- Fri: 9:00am-5:00pm
- Sat: Closed
- Sun: Closed
Computer Lab (Frederick Douglass Student Lounge)
- Third Floor - designated quiet area
- 22 computers and 2 MAC computers, all of which are able to print.
- The computers are loaded with Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, etc) and provide
access to the Internet and e-mail.
- Printing is limited to 125 pages per student per week. Please consider conservation
- Mon-Thu: 7:30am-11:45pm
- Fri: 7:30am-12:45am
- Sat: 8:00am-12:45pm
- Sun: 10:30am-11:45pm
WCU Dining Services
Whether you're hungry between classes or you would like a more leisurely meal, Ram's
Head Food Court has something for everyone. From cheese steak to home cooking at HomeZone.
From the delicious options at Chick-Fil-A to the healthy wraps at Salad Garden. They
are now even serving sushi that is delivered daily. Chances are if there is something
you want to eat, they will have it!
WCU Campus Store
Student Services, Inc. (SSI) Campus Store's primary function is to provide necessary
services to the West Chester University community. The WCU Campus Store offers students,
faculty, staff, alumni, parents and visitors material to support academic work and
to enhance campus life. Products are available to improve life on campus, including
WCU clothing, posters, gifts, greeting cards, edibles, gift cards aned an assortment
of essentials for daily living.
- Mon-Thu: 8:00am-6:00pm
- Fri: 8:00am-4:00pm
- Sat: 11:00am-3:00pm
- Sun: Closed
Student Services, Inc. (SSI) Service Center
The SSI Service Center and Ram E Card office serve a number of purposes for students and staff. The Ram E Card is the official
West Chester University ID and serves as an internal debit card for on campus purchases
and services, including vending, bookstore and food service. The Service Center sells
tickets to many on-campus events. The Center's other services include check cashing,
money orders, postage stamps, SEPTA tokens, notary, passport photos and Regal movie
tickets. An Automated Teller Machine (ATM) is located on the ground floor.