Marketing Events on Campus
How do we get the word out to students about things going on around campus?
There's no perfect formula, but here are some resources that have proven to do the trick.
Ram Roundup – weekly newsletter sent to all students through the Office of Communications and Marketing for Student Affairs.
DOSA Developments – internal weekly newsletter to Division of Student Affairs staff and faculty.
Ram Fam Central- website and email system that allow families to customize the information they receive from WCU based on their interests and identities.
Stall Seat Journal- monthly newsletter posted in restrooms around campus. Articles should relate back to Health & Wellness. This includes physical, emotional, social, intellectual, occupational, and spiritual wellness. Submit information for the Stall Seat Journal.
Philly Campus Newsletter – Newsletter that is sent to all WCU Philadelphia Campus students.
Ram Serve Newsletter - monthly newsletter from Center Civic Engagement & Social Impact. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Center for Trans & Queer Advocacy- The Queerly Chronicle
Center for Women & Gender Equity- CWGE Newsletter
Dowdy Multicultural Center Newsletter- DMC Updates
Resource Pantry- Pantry Newsletter
Wellness Promotion- What's Happening in Wellness
Campus Photographer Request- WCU has a designated photographer for all university events and programs. Submit event request via Photographer Request.
Digital Signage- Digital Displays are the flat screens hanging in buildings around campus. They are a great way to promote student-related events, activities, or news to the campus community. If you would like to have your advertisement/slide broadcast on all of the Digital Displays, visit website for format and email Digital Signage
The Quad- The Quad is the student news service of West Chester University of Pennsylvania. The Quad is published in print and online. It produces news content for distribution through a wide variety of social media outlets, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. For advertising questions, please email The Quad.
RamConnect- RamConnect is a place to connect with West Chester University clubs and organizations, browse events, discover campus offerings and meet new friends!
Recreation Center Treadmills- provide a power point slide to firstname.lastname@example.org to promote on the screens of the treadmills.
WCU Weekly- Weekly video news broadcast of events happening on campus. WCU Weekly can be watched online, it also loops on all campus televisions, and is e-mailed to all WCU enrolled students every week. Submit information to be highlighted to WCUWeekly@wcupa.edu
WCUPA Featured Story- The Featured Events Calendar and events appearing on the WCU homepage, are events Open to the Public. Ensure that you have selected the "Featured Events Calendar" option located in the "Resources" section. Ensure you have properly completed event details (for example, event description and ticket cost) when submitting an event in 25Live. Email Melissa Rudolph for assistance or with any questions.
Department Social Pages
TAG. TAG. TAG. the posts and add IG collaborator
Show hashtag post for giveaways
Instagram Reels and videos increase engagement
"Don't Bring An Umbrella To A Brainstorm" -Ted Lasso
Contact Sabrina Rightmer to set up a brainstorm session for ways to promote your specific event!
- Advertising must be approved before being posted:
- Sykes Student Union: Accepts three flyers that the staff will post. Drop off at the Info Desk on the first floor.
- Residence Halls: Approval for posting is obtained through the Office of Residence Life and Housing Services in 202 Lawrence Hall. Bring the flyers to 202 Lawrence for approval. Residence Life staff will assume responsibility for posting approved flyers in appropriate locations throughout the residence halls.
- Academic/Administrative Buildings: Approval for posting is obtained through the building administrator's office for each respective building. Posting in buildings is only permitted on designated bulletin board space. Advertisements posted on walls, doors, etc. are immediately removed by the Custodial Services Department. The list of contacts for academic/administrative building approval can be found here. (link to excel sheet)
- No approval is needed to post advertisements on public gazebos (e.g., by Ruby Jones). Posters and signs are not permitted on the exterior or interior surfaces of the bus stop shelters except on bulletin boards mounted inside the shelter.
- Advertisements are not permitted on garbage cans, benches, trees, and/or exterior walls or doors of buildings.
- "Chalking" of sidewalks or any other surface is prohibited.
- Signs on stakes placed on University grounds must be approved in advance by a Sykes Union administrator who will coordinate placement of advertisements with the Grounds Department.
- Other General Procedures:
- Advertisement depicting alcohol use, abuse, sale, or distribution is prohibited.
- In accordance with the University's Civility Statement, advertisements must respect the human rights and personal dignity of individuals. Therefore, advertisements that demean others on the basis of race, lifestyle, religion, disability, national origin, or sexual orientation or gender are strictly prohibited. In addition, advertisement by West Chester University student organizations should be complementary to the mission of the University and adhere to community standards of civility and good taste.
- The official West Chester University logo, seal, and Ram logo may not be used without permission from the Office of Publications, Printing and Editorial Services, located in 13/15 University Avenue,610-436-2231.
- Advertisements that will be going to external and/or off campus publics must have the prior approval of the Office of Public Relations and Marketing located in 13/15 University Avenue,610-436-3383.
- All advertisements must be removed from bulletin boards and other campus locations within 24 hours of the event.
- All officially recognized student organizations at West Chester University are obliged to comply with University policies; therefore, violations of this "Advertising Policy" could jeopardize a student organization's recognition status on campus.
When purchasing merchandise or apparel such as t-shirts, water bottles, pins, etc. you must use a licensed vendor and get approval for use of the logo. Logo policies can be found here.
Only licensed vendors may reproduce University marks, names, and logos.
Common vendors used in Student Affairs:
Blue Dog Printing https://www.getbluedog.com
Adon Promo http://adonpromo.com
BSN Sports https://www.bsnsports.com