Meetings and Work Sessions (Zoom)
What is it and why do I need it?
One of the most useful tools used to make virtual meetings easy is Zoom. Zoom unifies cloud video conferencing, simple online meetings, and group messaging into one easy-to-use platform. Zoom offers video, audio, and wireless screen-sharing across multiple platforms.
How do I get it?
Zoom is available to all West Chester University faculty, staff and students
You will need the following:
- Device with a good internet connection
- Headphones or earbuds (optional)
- Microphone (a separate microphone can be better than your device's built-in, if possible)
- Web camera (optional, preferred for face-to-face contact)
To get started:
If you do not already have an account set up, get started here: http://wcupa.zoom.us
- Login with your WCU Username and password.
- The first time you use Zoom, you’ll be prompted to run and install the zoom-launcher.
When you receive an invite for a Zoom meeting, you’ll be provided with a link to join the meeting.
- Click the link to run and install the zoom-launcher.
- Click the file to install the launcher.
Upon completion, your meeting should begin.
How do I use it?
Once you're in a Zoom meeting, you can use features like turning your video and microphone settings on and off, inviting other meeting participants, chatting with other meeting participants, recording the meeting, and sharing your screen.
How do I Host/Join a Meeting
If you need help contact IT Help Desk www.wcupa.edu/servicenow | 610-436-3350