SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
The School of Business at West Chester University, which is part of the College of Business and Public Management (CBPM), prepares students for careers in a variety of industries and organization types. The School is AACSB accredited and offers a wide array of undergraduate and graduate programs in four academic departments - Accounting, Economics and Finance, Management, and Marketing - with top faculty, impactful research, driven students, and the highest standards of quality. The MBA Program is ranked in the Top 50 in U.S. News & World Report's rankings of the Best Online MBA Programs for 2020.
We prepare students for a dynamic world through high-quality high-value business education.
We aspire to be a leader in business and professional education by creating and sharing knowledge in an innovative, inclusive, and collaborative learning environment.
The dedicated faculty and staff of West Chester University’s School of Business will:
1. Foster student success through effective teaching and advising
2. Develop innovative curricular and co-curricular programming
3. Operate ethically and sustainably
4. Create an inclusive and supportive learning community
5. Encourage research and scholarly activities that advance knowledge, pedagogy and practice
6. Engage with the community to serve the public good
Students who graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, International Business, Management, and/or Marketing will:
- Acquire foundational and major-specific business knowledge.
- Think critically and have strong business analysis skills.
- Communicate effectively.
- Make decisions with an ethical mindset.
Students who graduate with an Master of Business Administration degree will:
- Acquire advanced discipline-specific business knowledge.
- Use critical thinking to make sound business decisions.
- Use advanced quantitative methods and business analytics to solve problems.
- Be ethical leaders in their organizations.
Students who graduate with a Master of Human Resource Management degree will:
- Acquire advanced knowledge of key human resource management functions.
- Use critical thinking and analysis to make sound human resource management decisions.
- Be able to lead in a rapidly-changing business environment.
- Understand the ethical and social dimensions of human resource management.
- Gain expertise making decisions in a global and diverse work environment.