SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
The School of Business at West Chester University, which is part of the College of Business and Public Management (CBPM), prepares students for careers in a variety of industries and organization types. The School is AACSB accredited and offers a wide array of undergraduate and graduate programs in four academic departments - Accounting, Economics and Finance, Management, and Marketing - with top faculty, impactful research, driven students, and the highest standards of quality. The MBA Program is ranked as #51 in U.S. News & World Report's rankings of the Best Online MBA Programs for 2021.
We prepare students for a dynamic world through high-quality high-value business education.
We aspire to be a leader in business and professional education by creating and sharing knowledge in an innovative, inclusive, and collaborative learning environment.
The dedicated faculty and staff of West Chester University’s School of Business will:
1. Foster student success through effective teaching and advising
2. Develop innovative curricular and co-curricular programming
3. Operate ethically and sustainably
4. Create an inclusive and supportive learning community
5. Encourage research and scholarly activities that advance knowledge, pedagogy and practice
6. Engage with the community to serve the public good
Students majoring in Accounting, Economics, Finance, International Business, Management, and Marketing will:
- Understand and apply foundational and major-specific business concepts.
- Use critical thinking to analyze business issues.
- Use quantitative reasoning to analyze business issues.
- Deliver professional oral presentations on business topics
- Write professionally about business topics.
- Devise ethical solutions to business problems.
Students in the Master of Business Administration program will:
- Understand advanced discipline-specific concepts in marketing, management, finance, economics and accounting.
- Integrate and apply advanced business concepts across disciplines to solve business problems.
- Apply advanced quantitative methods and business analytics to analyze business problems.
- Identify and analyze advanced leadership, legal and ethical challenges and demonstrate the ability to devise appropriate solutions.
Students in the Master of Human Resource Management program will:
- Understand and apply advanced concepts related to staffing, compensation, employment law and labor relations.
- Demonstrate thoughtfulness and analytical proficiency when solving human resource management problems.
- Identify and develop leadership traits to manage change in organizations.
- Analyze the ethical and social aspects of human resources management issues.
- Articulate how diversity and globalization impact human resource decision-making.