SGA Bylaws, Documents, Forms and Minutes
If your organization has an SSI account, your organization's treasurer must attend a treasurer training session during the academic year. In these sessions, you will learn about the expectations surrounding your organization's funds, Student Services Inc., and more!
Fall Treasurer Training for 2023-2024 will all be in Sykes 10A. In order to accommodate the 200+ student organizations who need to attend please make sure to register on RamConnect so enough chairs and handouts are available.
Tuesday September 12 3:00-4:00pm https://cglink.me/2f3/r2114211
Wednesday September 13 12:00-1:00pm https://cglink.me/2f3/r2114213
Monday September 18 3:00-4:00pm https://cglink.me/2f3/r2114212
Wednesday September 20 2:00-3:00pm https://cglink.me/2f3/r2114210
SGA Budgeting Allocations Process for 2023-2024
If your organization plans to submit an SGA Budget Request for 2023-2024, you will need to have at least one executive board member attend the SGA Budgeting Question & Answer Budgeting Seminar. Four sessions were offered in November. To submit a budget request organizations need to use the 2023-2024 budget request excel sheet and submit the excel sheet on RamConnect by the correct deadline.
Tentative Budget Allocations Pending SSI Board Approval. Final allocation numbers will be sent in August.
Presentation should cover your organization's mission, major events and what your
plans are for next year. You can have up to four people be a part of your presentation.
Presentations are in Sykes 218 which is on the 2nd floor of Sykes inside the CSI.
If presenting on zoom a link will be emailed to you day of your presentation.
Sample Presentation .
Per the SGA Financial Policies and Procedures, any student organization recognized by the Office of Student Leadership and Involvement is eligible to apply for auxiliary funding. The Auxiliary Request Form should be used for an organization's treasurer to submit an auxiliary request.
Please take note of the following to consider before applying for auxiliary funding:
- Auxiliary funding should be an organization's last resort for funding
- An organization is permitted one (1) auxiliary allocation per academic semester
- Auxiliary funding is not guaranteed and will be allocated at the discretion of the SGA Finance Committee
- All Auxiliary requests need to be submitted a minimum of two full weeks before funds are needed
Once an auxiliary request has been submitted it will be reviewed by the SGA treasurer. Approval of this form does not mean the auxiliary request has been granted, but rather that the SGA treasurer has received and reviewed the submission. Once this form has been reviewed, the SGA treasurer will contact the organization's treasurer if necessary to schedule a meeting with the SGA Finance Committee.
SGA Finance Committee meets on Wednesdays at 5pm during the Spring Semester.
SSI Accounts & Accessing Funds
Student Organizations with SSI accounts need to follow all SSI Policies and Procedures to access their funds. In particular:
- The SSI Credit Card can be used for online purchases. Fill out and have your advisor sign a Credit Card Request Form
- Use SSI to Sell Tickets
- If using venmo, use WCU-SSI, the SSI venmo account, no student should use a personal venmo to collect funds for a student organization
- Donna Snyder in SSI needs to sign all contracts. No student should sign a contract for a DJ, space, hotel etc.
- Remember your organization should not be paying any sales tax. A tax exemption form is available in the SSI office.
- The last day to use the SSI Credit Card is the last day of classes for the spring term.
Newly Recognized Organizations
Organizations recognized during the Spring 2023 and Fall 24 academic year can request up to $500 in New Organization Funds that must be used by the end of the 2023-2024 academic year.
- Organizations must have turned in the SSI account paperwork
- Attended treasurer training or pass the make up treasurer training.
- SGA Bylaws
- Student Organization Policy and Procedures
- SGA Financial Policies and Procedures
- SSI Financial Policies and Procedures
- Program Planning Guide
- 25 Live Training
- Marketing at WCU
- SGA Mid-Semester Report
For any questions regarding the minutes, please email our Secretary.