How can I get involved with my Student Government Association?
- Attend an SGA General Assembly meeting. These meetings take place every Tuesday at 7:15 in Sykes 10A and are open to all. Come and hear about the latest issues being discussed, or raise your own issue/concern during the Public Comment section of the meeting. (Please register on RamConnect if you are a current member of WCUPA, or email the Secretary for the meeting information.)
- Run for a Senate position in the spring or run for an open (vacant) position at any meeting (see below). Review the SGA bylaws for an overview of all the positions and their requirements.
- Join an SGA committee. These are chaired by a member of the Senate and are open to the general student population.
- Vote in the Senate elections (see below). If you're not interested in running for a position, be sure to vote in Senate elections to have a say in who will be representing you!
- Attend an SGA sponsored event! Check RamConnect for upcoming events.
- Reach out to your student Senators with any questions or concerns.
- Run in the upcoming Senator Elections! Fall 23 Details coming soon.
Contact SGA's Secretary for more information.
This is YOUR student government. Get involved and have your voice heard!
- All WCU students who will be enrolled at least part time for Fall 2023, including incoming first years, are eligible to run for a Senate seat. Elections for the 2023-2024 Senate will occur at SGA general senate meetings every Tuesday at 7:15 pm. Register on RamConnect!
- Executive board elections for the following year occur each March on D2L and are open to all enrolled students. Be sure to VOTE!
- Students are able to run for open Senate positions throughout the semester. You must attend one General Assembly meeting to be eligible to run.
- Contact the secretary for more info!
Current Open Senate Seats
- College of Education and Social Work
- University College
- Wells School of Music
- Alumni Relations
- Faculty Relations
- Campus Health & Wellness
- Career Development
- Gender Equity
- Legislative Affairs
- Off-Campus & Commuter
- Parking & Public Safety
- Sexuality Equity
Please see the bylaws to learn about each position!