New Graduate Students
Congratulations on your recent acceptance to West Chester University as a graduate student! We look forward to having you as part of our community and are excited to see you succeed in this next stage in your education. Whether you are straight out of college, switching careers, or looking to increase your current potential, the West Chester University staff is here to help you along the way. Here is a guide for helpful resources and services . Below you will find some important information and FAQs to help start off your graduate career on the right foot.
If you have yet to visit West Chester University, please feel free do so before you begin your program. Head to our Visit Us page to register for an Open House, Information session, or even a Campus Tour.
- Locate your student ID on your acceptance letter
- Go to the Pay Deposit page on myWCU
- Follow instructions on the page
**If you or your family are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19 and are
unable to pay your admission deposit, please email GradSchool@wcupa.edu
If you are having difficulty paying, please contact the Bursar's Office at 610-436-2552.
The deposit is not posted to your account until the following business day. It could take up to 48 hours for your account to be activated.
Once you have paid your deposit, you will need to activate your account and initialize your password.
- Go to https://password.wcupa.edu/
- Click the "Initialize Password" button under "New Student?"
- Enter your username in the "Please enter your username below" box.
- Username = first initial of your first name, first initial of your last name and the 7-digit WCU number (make sure to drop the 0 in front)
- Example: BE123456@wcupa.edu
4. Enter your initial password where it says "Old/Expired Password"
- Initial Password = WCU-MMDDYY where MMDDYY corresponds to your date of birth
- Example: WCU-120384 (where 120384 corresponds to December 03, 1984)
5. Create a NEW password following the guidelines below:
- Your WCU password must be a minimum of 12 characters in length. The system remembers
the last 24 passwords you have used and you cannot include your username or real name
in the password. Passwords do not expire. Here are some helpful password tips:
- Consider using pass-phrases instead of passwords (see notes below regarding pass-phrases).
- Good passwords are passwords that are difficult to guess, consider passwords that contain letters, numbers and/or symbols.
- Using mixed case password is an excellent method of creating a strong password.
- Never share passwords. Do not give your password during training session or over the phone to support personnel.
- Do not write down your passwords.
- In general, good passwords:
- Have both upper and lower case letters
- Have digits and/or symbols as well as letters
- Are easy to remember, so they are not written down
- Are at least twelve characters in length
- If you have passwords on multiple accounts, it is very tempting to have the same password for all accounts. However, if one of accounts is compromised, all accounts are compromised. A common approach is to add a suffix to the base password for each different account.
6. Click "Change Password"
- From any West Chester webpage locate the login in the top right corner
- Select the portal you wish to sign into (D2L, myWCU, Webmail)
- Type in your username and password
- Click "Login"
Fall 2021 Orientation August 25th 5:00-7:30pm
Located on Ram Park, behind 114 W. Rosedale Ave.
RSVP HERE (or check your email for invite)
Can't make it to the orientation in person? No problem! We have provided all the resources that you need for your success at WCU via email and below! The Graduate Resources will provide you with valuable information about the number of offices across campus that can assist you remotely or in person.
It is recommended that all students contact their Graduate Coordinator or Advisor first to discuss coursework prior to enrollment.
Classes tile > Drop Classes
Select the Term and click on the green Continue button
Check-off the Course and click on the green Drop Selected Classes button
Click on the green Finish Dropping button
You will see a red "X" or green "check mark" next to each class.
A red "X" means you did not successfully drop the course and a message will appear explaining why.
A green "check mark" means you successfully dropped the course.
Once your student aid has been accepted, log into myWCU and click "ACTIVATE STUDENT ACCOUNT". This will need to be done even if your account balance is 0 after your financial aid. For more information on paying your bills, please visit the Bursar's Office.
You can also view helpful Financial Aid videos.