DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE
The West Chester University Computer Science Department, within the College of Sciences and Mathematics, provides access, through education and state-of-the-art technology, to the ever-growing professional opportunities available in the fields of Computer Science. As a body of 11 permanent tenured and tenure-track faculty and 500+ students at an R2 institution, we value the pairing of innovative teaching coupled with novel and accessible research and scholarship. The department offers both a wide range of programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels: baccalaureate and graduate degrees in computer science, minor offerings at the undergraduate-level, as well as professional development certificates at the graduate-level. Additionally, at the undergraduate level we offer a pair of minor programs in computer science and information technology, as well as a certificate in computer security. Our accelerated BS+MS program facilitates a pathway for students to complete both the baccalaureate and graduate degrees in computer science in five years.
The B.S. in Computer Science Program is accredited by ABET. The Department is also designated as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education (CAE-CDE) by the National Security Agency (NSA).
The Department of Computer Science is a member of Pennsylvania Association of Computer and Information Science Educators (PACISE), as well as the National Center for Women and Information Technology (NCWIT) Academic Alliance.
Faculty Recruiting – please see our current opening for the fall of 2023.
- Academic Catalogs: (Undergraduate | Graduate)
- Modifying Degree Plan (via myWCU)
- Applying for Independent Study (via myWCU)
- CSC Undergraduate Advising Handbook
- CSC Undergraduate Course Prerequisite Chart
- Undergraduate Major Advising Sheets: (BS in Computer Science | Certificate in Computer Security)
- Undergraduate Minor Advising Sheets: (Minor in Computer Science | Minor in Information Technology)
- Planned Course Rotation and Offerings, Fall 2022 – Spring 2024
- Graduate Degree Requirements: MS in Computer Science
- Graduate Certificates: (Certificate in Computer Security | Certificate in Information Systems | Certificate in Web Technology)
- Social Media: (Facebook | LinkedIn | Discord)
- Our computer science majors administer a discord server for the collaboration and socialization between students and their peers. Please reach out to the department’s assistant chair, Dr. Linh Ngo, for an access invitation.
Dr. Richard Burns
Ms. Jasmine Worrell
Dr. Linh Ngo
Dr. Si Chen