- B.A., LaSalle College
- M.A., Ph.D., The Johns Hopkins University
- CHE 160 Chemistry of Beer: 3 Credits.
- CHE 341 Physical Chemistry I: 4 Credits.
- CHE 491 Seminar in Chemistry: 1 Credit.
- CHE 103 General Chemistry I: 3 Credits.
- CRL 103 Experimental General Chemistry I (LAB): 1 Credit.
Faculty Coordinator of General Chemistry Laboratories
Dr. Barth works on the issues involving beer brewing. The current project involves the effects of water hardness and alkalinity on mash pH.
- Physical Chemistry
- Research:Chemistry of beer and the brewing art
Selected Research Publications
- Barth R. and Benvenuto, M, Eds. Ethanol in Education: Alcohol as a Theme for Teaching Chemistry, 2015 ACS Books. http://pubs.acs.org/isbn/9780841230590
- Barth, R. The Chemistry of Beer: The Science in the Suds, R. Barth, 2013 Wiley. http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-1118674979.html
Barth, R. and Zaman, R. Influence of Water Alkalinity and Hardness on Mash pH, J. Am. Soc. Brew. Chem. In press.