- B.S., St. Francis Degree College, Hyderabad, India
- M.S., Osmania University, Hyderabad, India
- Ph.D., Florida International University
- CHE 371 Forensic Chemistry Lecture: 3 Credits.
- CRL 371 Forensic Chemistry Laboratory: 2 Credits.
- CHE 479 Chemical Toxicology: 3 Credits.
- CHE 465 Forensic Microscopy: 3 Credits.
- CRL 103 General Chemistry I (LAB): 1 Credit.
- CRL 104 General Chemistry II (LAB): 1 Credit.
- CHE 410 Advanced Independent Study- Research: 2-6 Credits.
My research is in the area of forensic chemistry. The current focus of my research is the development of methods to improve the detection and identification of illicit substances such as drugs of abuse. Analytical techniques that I use in my research are gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) , ion mobility spectrometry (IMS), polarized light microscopy (PLM) and infrared microspectroscopy (FTIR microscope).
Selected Research Publications
- Monica Joshi, Bryan Cetroni, Amanda Camacho, Clinton Krueger, Anthony J. Midey, Analysis of synthetic cathinones and associated psychoactive substances by ion mobility spectrometry, Forensic Science International, Volume 244, November 2014, Pages 196-206.
- Monica Joshi, Kia Rigsby, Jose R Almirall, Analysis of the headspace composition of smokeless powders using GC-MS, GC-ECD and ion mobility spectrometry, Forensic Science International, 2011, 208(1), 29-36.
- Sigalit Gura, Monica Joshi and Jose R Almirall, Solid Phase Microextraction (SPME) calibration using inkjet microdrop printing for direct loading of known analyte mass onto SPME fibers, Analytical Bioanalytical Chemistry, 2010, 398 (2), 1049-1060.
- Monica Joshi, Yisenny Delgado, Patricia Guerra, Hanh Lai, Jose R Almirall, Detection of odor signatures of smokeless powders using solid phase microextraction coupled to an ion mobility spectrometer, Forensic Science International, 2009, 188 (1), 112-118.
- Hanh Lai, Patricia Guerra, Monica Joshi and Jose R Almirall, Analysis of volatile components of drugs and explosives by solid phase microextraction-ion mobility spectrometry, Journal of Separation Science, 2008, 31, 402-412.