MELISSA CICHOWICZB.S., Stain Joseph's CollegePhD., University of Maryland
- CHE 231-232 Organic Chemistry I-II
- CHE 333 Advanced Organic Chemistry
- CHE 433 Special Topics in Advanced Organic Synthesis, Medicinal Chemistry, Carbohydrate Chemistry
- Organic synthesis of naturally-occurring molecules
- Synthetic methodology development
- Microwave-assisted organic synthesis
- "Bis-Phenol A in Breast Milk from Nursing Cavalier King Charles Spaniels: A Preliminary Study" with Leslie Slusher, Clarissa Martin and Jenn Poshkus, poster and oral presentation at the Cavalier Health Foundation meeting, Hershey PA, April 2014.
- Instructional Resources for the New MCAT Exam Available at the Open-Access, Pre-Health Collection within MedEdPORTAL's iCollaborative, Stephanie Brouet, Melissa Cichowicz, Henry V. Jakubowski and Laura S. Zapanta, J. Chem. Ed., 2013, 90, 1697-1698.
- "Novel Approach to the Total Synthesis of Furoventalene, a Sesquiterpene Natural Product", with Graham Roseman, poster presentation (ID # 17163) at 2012 National Meeting of the American Chemical Society, August 2012.
- "Investigation of Microwave-Mediated Oxidation of Benzylic Substrates with Sodium Perborate" with Daniel Bamper, poster presentation (ID # 1286521) at 2009 National Meeting of the American Chemical Society, Washington DC, August 2009.
- "Investigation of Microwave-Accelerated Friedel-Crafts Reaction" with Tristan Colestock and Tanner Van Dell, poster presentation at 2007 Middle Atlantic Regional Meeting of the American Chemical Society, Collegeville PA, May 2007.
- "Studies Directed Toward the Microwave-Accelerated Friedel-Crafts Reaction", oral presentation at the 2007 Middle Atlantic Regional Meeting of the American Chemical Society, Collegeville PA, May 2007.
- Barron's How to Prepare for the MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test, Tenth (and subsequent) Edition (Barrons Education Series, ISBN 978-0-7641-2408-2) with co-authors Hugo R. Siebel, Carolyn M. Conway, Kenneth E. Guyer, Arthur F. Conway, A. Bryant Mangum and Wesley L. Shanholtzer.
- "Biomedical Research as an Integrated Feature of the Undergraduate Pre-Medical Curriculum" (solo author) The Advisor 2006 26 (1), 37-41.
- "Exhibit Review 'A Visit to Dr. Gunther von Hagens' "Body Worlds: The Anatomical Exhibition of Real Human Bodies' " (solo author) The Advisor 2006, 26 (4), 42-46.
- Felix E. Goodson and Melissa Betz Cichowicz, "Organic Synthesis Using Metal-Mediated Cross Coupling Reactions" review article in The Encyclopedia of Inorganic Chemistry, Second Edition, R. Bruce King, Editor-in-Chief, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken NJ, 2005, Volume 6, pp. 3750-3770.