Registration: Undergraduate Non-Degree Application - High School Students
Application Information for High School Students
The undergraduate non-degree application becomes available once the course schedule for the semester becomes accessible online. The application will remain active until the end of the Add/Drop period each semester. After the Add/Drop period, students will not be permitted to apply for that particular semester. All non-degree high school applicants become inactive at the end of each semester. If the student is interested in continuing at West Chester University, we would require another non-degree application to be completed.
We recommend that the non-degree application gets completed prior to the start of open registration for the semester. This will allow time for admission and prerequisite requirements to be assessed, as well as communicate with Department Chairs, if deemed necessary. Although applicants will not be registered for classes until open registration, it will ensure that the student is prepared, increasing the likelihood of obtaining a seat in the class.
Once it is determined that an applicant meets the minimum admission and prerequisite requirements, they will be registered for courses beginning the first day of open registration. Please consult the Academic Calendar for our open registration dates.
If you are a student who qualifies for accommodations, please see the Office of Services for Students with Disabilities (OSSD) website for information on the level of accommodation provided for college courses. Pleasecontact the OSSD
to submit appropriate disability documentation.
Application Process for High School Students
- Students will complete the online non-degree application. There will be the option to upload supporting documentation with the application (if applicable), which will expedite processing. If the ability to upload documents is not available, they can be emailed, mailed, or dropped off to the specified office.
- Once the application is submitted, the student will receive an email notification almost immediately, sent to the email address supplied verifying that the application was submitted successfully. Included in that email will be the High School Registration Form, which must be completed in full.
- When the application, High School Registration Form and supporting documentation is received, all materials will be reviewed. If approved, the student will receive a second email with important information, including a WCU ID number. This ID number is used to set up the students’ self-service account (myWCU) and WCU email account. All students are required to use their WCU email address when communicating with university staff and faculty, therefore it is the responsibility of the student to activate their account as quickly as possible.
- All high school applicants have a hold placed on their myWCU account, which prevents them from registering for classes or making schedule changes without consent. Initial registration will be completed by a staff or faculty member at West Chester University based upon the course information entered on the High School Registration Form. Students can verify their class registration by logging into their myWCU account and checking their schedule.
- All enrollment requests or schedule changes must go through the appropriate office
listed below. Students will not be registered for additional classes unless the High
School Registration Form is completed in full for the new course request.
- High School Dual Enrollment Students: Office of the Registrar
- High School Dual Enrollment Partnership Program Students: Office of the Registrar
- High School Home Educated Students: Office of the Registrar
If the student does not qualify for the non-degree program or we do not receive all information requested, the non-degree application will not be processed.