Registration: Undergraduate Non-Degree Credit Limits
Get Started Non-Degree Online Classes First-Year Scheduling General Scheduling Course Schedule Student Records MALC Military Enrollment Verification Refunds and Withdrawals Non-WCU Classes Privacy (FERPA) Building Prefixes
Undergraduate Non-Degree Credit Limits
Semester Credit Limits
- Undergraduate non-degree students can earn a maximum of 18 credits during the Fall
and Spring semesters and 7 credits during each Summer term and Winter semester.
- A full-time class load ranges from 12 to 18 semester hours of credit and the student would be responsible to pay for full-time status. Financial Aid is not available for non-degree students.
Career Credit Limits
- Students without an undergraduate degree are limited to earning a maximum of 24 credits
as a non-degree student.*
- After earning 24 credits, the student would need to apply for admission into a degree
- Taking classes as a non-degree student does not guarantee acceptance into a degree program. If a student applies and is accepted for admission, the grades earned as a non-degree student remain on record and will be included in the computation of the cumulative GPA.
- After earning 24 credits, the student would need to apply for admission into a degree program.
- Students with an undergraduate degree, from WCU or another institution have no maximum limit on the amount of career credits they may earn as a non-degree student.
*Students participating in National/International Student Exchange are not held to the 24 career credit maximum if enrolled for 2 consecutive semesters.
For more information on our non-degree program, please select one of the options listed below.
I have been accepted into a program:
- #WCUAccepted for Undergraduate Admission (upcoming Fall/Spring)
- International Student Exchange Program
- National Student Exchange Program
- Pre-Graduate Certificate Program
I would be considered a student in one of the following groups:
- I have applied for Undergraduate Admission (upcoming Fall/Spring)
- I am a senior citizen (60+)
- I am an international citizen
- I want to take an online class