Back to top of page.
Fran Cleland Donnelly
- Your alma mater?
"Garrett High School, B.S. at Purdue University, Masters & PED Indiana University
in Bloiomington, IN"
- What is your occupation/role in the CHS?
"Professor, Assistant Chair - Health & Physical Education Teacher Certification Division"
- How long have you been at WCU?
- How did you land at WCU?
"I met Frank Fry and Charles Pagano at an Eastern District Conference. I did a research
presentation on critical thinking in K-12 physical education. Frank attended and asked
me to meet him and Mr. Pagano during the conference to discuss the faculty position
at WCU in HPE teacher certification."
- What's the best part of your job?
"Teaching undergraduate teacher candidates the what and how of leading K-12 students
on the path to physical literacy."
- What do you wish you could share with all incoming first-year students?
"WCU not only has excellent academic programs but great opportunities to become involved
in student organizations, faculty/student research, service learning, fine arts, and
so much more! We strive to develop strong relationships with our students."
- What do you wish you could share with all graduating seniors?
"To continue being a lifelong learner and to be actively involved in their professional
- What makes you most proud of WCU?
"Being a faculty member and having two children who graduated from WCU!"