View Text Only Version

Office of Student Conduct


Contact Office of Student Conduct  

Office of Student Conduct

Ruby Jones Hall, Room 200
West Chester, PA 19382

Phone: 610-436-3511
Fax: 610-738-0500

Ms. Christina Brenner


NOTICE: WCU email is our primary and official form of communication.

Will my parents find out?

Following a conduct outcome, a notice to your parents or guardian may be sent home if you are found responsible for violating the alcohol and/or drug policy. The Federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) gives West Chester University limited ability to notify parents when students under the age of 21 violate any law or policy concerning the use or possession of alcohol or a controlled substance. If you are independent, you can file a Proof of Independent Status form with our office to prevent the outcome from being sent.

How do I pay a fine?

You may pay with debit/credit, or by cash or check in person at the Bursar's Office, or over the phone (610-436-2552) to Account #4803. To ensure proper credit, they will need your name, student ID # and the amount you are paying to Account #4803. You will find the fine amount you are to pay in your Outcome Letter.

Why do I have a hold from Student Conduct?

A hold from Student Conduct would have been placed on your account if you did not complete one of your sanction conditions by the required due date. If you have a question about this you should contact your University Hearing Officer. This person is listed on your Outcome letter. Once your Hearing Officer verifies you have completed the sanction, he/she can contact the Office of Student Conduct to remove the hold. If you are unable to get in contact with your Hearing Officer, you can contact the Office of Student Conduct in 200 Ruby Jones Hall or 610-436-3511.

Who has access to my disciplinary files?

Your disciplinary file is confidential. You can choose to release information about your conduct records to specific individuals by completing a Student Release of Information form. Your written consent is needed to release information from your disciplinary file.

  • Some on-campus jobs require your consent to check your disciplinary history as part of their application process (i.e. Resident Assistants and Orientation Leaders).
  • Some programs (i.e. Study Abroad), graduate schools, professional schools (i.e. medical and law), and jobs requiring the handling of sensitive information (i.e. US Government positions) often ask for you to obtain disciplinary clearance as part of the application process. See the Disciplinary Clearances page for more details.
  • Additionally, if you are a member of an Athletic Team or serve on the Executive Board of your organization or club, your Coach or Organization/Club Advisor may also be notified.

What if I don't agree with my sanction or the outcome of the hearing?

You have the option to appeal. At the bottom of your Outcome Letter you will find a link to the Appeal form you need to complete. There will also be a date by which you need to submit your appeal. You can appeal based on:

  • Violations of procedures;
  • Severity of the sanction is not supported by the evidence;
  • Lack of substantial evidence upon which a determination of guilt can be based; and /or
  • New evidence that was not previously available, and that might substantially change the nature of the case.

If I have been called as a witness in a hearing, what does this mean?

If you have been called as a witness in a hearing that means that you many have information to share that would help clarify what took place during the incident. As a witness you would participate in the hearing by answering questions about what you observed during the incident.

In advance of the hearing, you can also complete a Witness Statement form.

What are the fines for alchohol and drug violations?

If you violate the University’s Alcohol and/or Drug Policy you will receive the following fines in addition to the cost of any citation you have received:

  • Alcohol Fines:
    • 1st offense ($100.00), 2nd offense ($200.00), 3rd offense ($300.00)
  • Drug Fines:
    • 1st offense ($100.00), 2nd offense ($200.00), 3rd offense ($300.00)

Fines increase with each violation (i.e. you violate the alcohol policy in November 2017 and get a $100.00 fine for a first violation; then you violate the alcohol policy in February 2019 and get a $200.00 fine for a second violation).

What if I witnessed a policy violation or was a victim in an incident and I want to file a complaint?

 Please see the iCare page and complete the appropriate form.


Back to top of page.