CCESI Class Presentations
FALL 2023 CLASS PRESENTATION
Learn about the Center for Civic Engagement and Social Impact (CCESI) and the Resource Pantry through the following presentations:
CIVIC & COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT (Designed for FYE)
RESPONSIBLE COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT (Designed for Service-Learning Courses)
CCESI professional staff and/or para-professionals will facilitate the 45 minute session. To request a presentation, sign up using our Fall 2023 Presentation Request Form. Presentation will be offered on 9/12, 9/14, 9/18, 10/9, 10/18 and 10/23.
- Rams don’t just do well, they do good. This experience is designed to introduce first-year students to civic engagement as a means for realizing West Chester University’s mission to graduate students prepared to “contribute to the common good.”
- Students will learn why and how civic engagement is promoted at the university, and will also identify meaningful civic & community engagement opportunities that they can get involved in during their time at WCU.
- As an example of WCU's commitment to meaningful civic & community engagement students will learn about the campus Resource Pantry as an answer to the issue of basic need insecurity, both on college campuses and on a larger scale; and will raise awareness of the WCU Resource Pantry and other critical resources for students in need.
This experience requires approximately 45 minutes of classroom time (either in-person or remote) with students. We encourage student participation in CCESI’s fall Volunteer Fair on October 3, 2023. CCESI professional staff and/or para-professionals will facilitate the session.
This experience reinforces the following FYE Common Content areas:
- An Experiential Learning Project
- An Overview of Liberal Arts Tradition (i.e., students will understand the civic arguments in favor of a liberal arts curriculum)
- An Overview & Discussions about University Policies, Ethics, and Student Life
Looking for a specific topic for a presentation? Please contact CCESI at CCESI@wcupa.edu to discussion options.