The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) promotes and facilitates the research environment of WCU. We assist faculty and students who are interested in being involved in research on campus.
Log onto PIVOT using your WCU Credentials (for faculty, students and staff)
- Visit Pivot's Log-in Page
- Choose West Chester University from the drop down.
- Enter your current WCU Username and Password.
- Begin Searching!
West Chester University invites applications for our Summer 2021 Undergraduate Research Institute (SURI). Students who are chosen to participate in the five-week program (from June 1-July 3, 2021) will receive a work stipend of $2500.00 along with an additional subsistence stipend of $500.00 for a total of $3,000.00. Students will be expected to:
- Spend 37.5 hours a week on the project.
- Work under the direct supervision of the faculty mentor.
- Participate in periodic research-related group sessions and the closing event.
- Prepare an oral or a poster presentation, performance, or work of art for the Spring 2022 WCU Research and Creative Activity Day.
- Complete entrance and exit surveys to reflect on their experience and assess the impact of SURI.
- Submit a final report by August 15, 2021.
APPLICATION STEP ONE - STUDENTS:
To be eligible the student must be:
- A West Chester University undergraduate student who will remain enrolled at the university through the completion of their project.
- Able to work full-time (37.5 hours/week) for the program during its five-week duration.
SPECIAL NOTE: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, students who can work and be mentored remotely will be encouraged to do so. Any student whose research or creative activity requires them to work in-person (on campus or at another site) must acknowledge that they have read and reviewed the current Student Community Agreement and Student Code of Conduct as part of the application process.
APPLICATION STEP TWO - FACULTY MENTORS:
To apply, faculty mentors should complete the SURI FACULTY MENTOR RECOMMENDATION FORM and submit it to STUDENTRESEARCH@wcupa.edu by February 15, 2021. Mentor recommendations that are not submitted from a WCU faculty email address will not be considered.
Faculty mentors will receive 1 credit pay for the five-week program. This is not meant to be a per student payment, therefore this salary will not increase for faculty members who decide to mentor more than one student.
The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs is pleased to announce the 1st Annual WCU Virtual Research and Creative Activity Day.
View the poster and oral presentations by West Chester University’s students, faculty members and staff.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
The following Faculty Forums are planned for the Fall of 2020:
- Thursday, November 5, 2020 from 11:30am – 1:00pm via Zoom Webinar. The topic is “WCU Research Highlights: Vulnerable Populations”.
- Thursday, December 3, 2020 from 11:30am – 1:00pm via Zoom Webinar. The topic is “WCU Research Highlights: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion”.
Faculty Forums offer a venue during which faculty members present the results of their work, share ideas, and discuss needs in the context of a research and creative activity theme that crosses several disciplines. During these forums, we hope to encourage scholarly conversations among faculty members who might not normally meet each other in the interest of igniting collaborations.
Look out for an RFP for Communities of Practice in the upcoming academic year! Communities of Practice are faculty teams that meet on a regular basis to learn more about an area of mutual interest and: Continue or initiate research and creative activity collaborations, read and discuss disciplinary and interdisciplinary literature related to the topic, write proposals together and proofread and edit each other's scholarly manuscripts
- Contact us at 610-436-3557
- Email Us