The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) promotes and facilitates the research environment of WCU. We assist faculty and students who are interested in being involved in research on campus.
Log onto PIVOT using your WCU Credentials (for faculty, students and staff)
- Visit Pivot's Log-in Page
- Choose West Chester University from the drop down.
- Enter your current WCU Username and Password.
- Begin Searching!
The Call for Proposals for the SURI 2020 program is now available.
The purpose of SURI is to:
- Increase the interest in and opportunities for undergraduate research in all disciplines by providing a focused research opportunity for students.
- Promote collaboration among students and between students and faculty for scholarly research.- Establish a community of undergraduate scholars, where the students develop basic skills in all aspects for conducting research including project development, research compliance (when appropriate), and dissemination.
- Promote critical and analytical thinking skills and prepare undergraduate students for graduate-level studies and/or careers.
Selected applicants will receive a stipend to work full-time (40 hours/week) over eight weeks during summer 2020 to participate in:
- Research and creative activity under the direct supervision of a faculty member.
- Field trips to relevant regional industry and private institutions related to their research and creative activity.
- An invited speaker series.
- A SURI closing event during which they will present their work (poster, presentation, or performance).
The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) will host the Spring 2020 Research and Creative Activity Day on April 7, 2020 in the Sykes Student Union. This event highlights student, faculty and administrators research and creative activity from all academic disciplines by providing a forum for posters, oral presentations, works of art, and theatre performances.
You may access the Call for Abstracts at the following link: Research and Creative Activity Day Call for Abstracts.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com or 610-436-3557
The following Faculty Forums are planned for the Spring of 2020:
- Thursday, February 6, 2020, in Sykes Ballrooms B and C from 11:30am – 2:30pm. The topic is “Building Industry Partnerships: Biomedical Research”.
- Thursday, April 2, 2020, in Phillips Lower Level Conference Room from 11:30am – 1:00pm. The topic is “WCU Research Highlights: Vulnerable Populations”.
Faculty Forums offer a venue during which faculty members present the results of their work, share ideas, and discuss needs in the context of a research and creative activity theme that crosses several disciplines. During these forums, we hope to encourage scholarly conversations among faculty members who might not normally meet each other in the interest of igniting collaborations.
Look out for an RFP for Communities of Practice in the upcoming academic year! Communities of Practice are faculty teams that meet on a regular basis to learn more about an area of mutual interest and: Continue or initiate research and creative activity collaborations, read and discuss disciplinary and interdisciplinary literature related to the topic, write proposals together and proofread and edit each other's scholarly manuscripts
- Contact us at 610-436-3557
- Email Us