- Course number and name
MAT122 – Statistics II
- Credits and contact hours
3 Credit Hours
- Instructor’s or course coordinator’s name
Instructor: JoAnn H. Kump, Adjunct Professor of Mathematics
Text book, title, author, and year
Specific course information
brief description of the content of the course (catalog description)
Continuation of MAT 121. Inference about the means, standard deviations and proportions, goodness of fit, analysis of variance, regression analysis, correlation, and nonparametric tests.
prerequisites or co-requisites
Prerequisite: MAT 121.
indicate whether a required, elective, or selected elective course in the program
Selective elective course.
specific outcomes of instruction Students will demonstrate:
- Students will be able to use SPSS proficiently.
- Students will be able to choose the appropriate method of data analysis among those introduced.
- Students will be able to write up a statistical analysis report, explaining what they did, why they did it, and their results.
explicitly indicate which of the student outcomes listed in Criterion 3 or any other outcomes are addressed by the course.
Course addresses Student Outcomes (a) and (o).
- Brief list of topics to be covered
- Analysis of variance
- Multiple regression
- Categorical data and chi-square analysis
- Statistical process control