- Course number and name
CSC400 – Internship
- Credits and contact hours
3 Credit Hours for satisfying the major requirements, and 3 credits for Electives.
- Instructor’s or course coordinator’s name
Course coordinator: Dr. Cheer-sun Yang, Associate Professor of Computer Science
Text book, title, author, and year
Specific course information
brief description of the content of the course (catalog description)
Students work in the areas of Computer Science with the approval from the Internship Director.
prerequisites or co-requisites
Prerequisite: Written approval of the Internship Director, a minimum grade of C- in each of the following courses: CSC 141, 142, 240, and 241, a 2.50 GPA in CSC, MAT 151 and 161, a 2.00 GPA in MAT.
indicate whether a required, elective, or selected elective course in the program
- Specific goals for the course
specific outcomes of instruction Students will be able to:
- have demonstrated that they can use their computer science skills in a work place,
- have demonstrated that they can use their communication skills in a work environment,
- have demonstrate that they can learn new skills required to compete their internship assignments, and
- be exposed to the business aspects of the computing area.
explicitly indicate which of the student outcomes listed in Criterion 3 or any other outcomes are addressed by the course.
Course addresses Student Outcomes (a), (b), (c), (h), (j) and (l).
Brief list of topics to be covered
Possible internship topics include:
- Web design and development
- Server-side programming and e-commerce
- Security areas
- IT Help Desk Services
- Mobile app development