Through the Reverse Transfer Agreement, established between Pennsylvania Community
Colleges and the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PASSHE) Universities,
West Chester University (WCU) is able to assist students who have transferred to WCU
from a PA Community College complete their associate's degree while pursuing their
bachelor's degree at WCU.
Requirements for eligibility through WCU:
- The student must be enrolled at WCU.
- The student must have transferred to WCU from a PA Community College, with that PA
Community College as the last institution attended.
- The student must have attended the PA Community College within the previous five years
and have earned a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- The student must have earned a minimum of 45 credits (excluding remedial/developmental
coursework) at their most recently attended PA Community College.
- The student has successfully completed at least 15 credits at WCU.
- The student must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 at WCU. Only credits with a
C or better from WCU will Reverse Transfer back to the previously attended degree
granting PA Community College.
- The student must have earned and/or have in-progress a total number of 60 or more
college-level credits from the PA Community College and WCU combined.
- The students must indicate their agreement to participate in this program via completion
of the Reverse Transfer Release form .
How it works:
- WCU will notify eligible students once they have completed a minimum of 60 credits,
combined from both the PA Community College and WCU, and give them the opportunity
to participate in the Reverse Transfer Program.
- Eligible students will complete a Reverse Transfer Release form and return it to the WCU Registrar's office. A WCU transcript will then be sent to
the PA Community College for evaluation.
- If the PA Community College determines that degree requirements have been satisfied,
the PA Community College will award the Associate's Degree.
- The PA Community College will send a final transcript to WCU, indicating conferment
of the Associate's Degree.
- Students will not be charged transcript or graduation fees by either institution for
Associate degrees awarded through this program.
Questions may be directed to the