WCU HIGH SCHOOL
SUMMER MUSIC INSTITUTE
Ralph Sorrentino, Director
Monday, July 8, 2024 – Saturday, July 13, 2024
Tentative Finale Concert: Saturday, July 13, 2024; 5:15pm
For students currently in grades 9 through 12 (2023 - 2024 School Year)
West Chester University’s 63rd annual High School Summer Music Institute will take place from Monday, July 8, 2024 through Saturday, July 13, 2024. The Institute offers resident and commuter options for students currently in grades 9 through 12 (2023 – 2024 School Year). Students have the opportunity to perform in a variety of large and small ensembles including wind ensemble, string orchestra, chorus, flute ensemble, clarinet ensemble, saxophone ensemble, double reed ensemble, brass ensemble, percussion ensemble and vocal ensemble. All ensembles perform at the end of the Institute, and all concerts are open to family and friends. Auditions for a solo recital are held at the beginning of the week.
The Institute's faculty consists primarily of WCU music professors, all of whom are active performing artists in the Philadelphia region. Each student receives two 30-minute private lessons and one studio masterclass on their primary instrument or voice. Students will also participate in music theory/ear training, college prep and audition prep classes.
Recreational activities include volleyball, a scavenger hunt, movie night, a pizza party and other organized evening activities.
Questions? Contact us at (610) 436-2921 or email@example.com
- Please consult the Institute's brochure for scholarship opportunities.
- Review information regarding Rising Senior Scholarships (for students who will be high school seniors in Fall 2023 and who plan to apply to WCU for Fall 2024 admission).
- Download the Rising Senior Scholarship recommendation form.
- Review information regarding a pre-screening WCU Wells School of Music entrance audition opportunity for rising seniors who register for the Institute and who plan to apply to WCU for Fall 2024 admission
- Please consult the Institute’s brochure for information regarding our Honors Track. Honors Track audition videos (submitted via email with an unlisted YouTube video link to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before May 22nd ), along with the student’s online registration.
- Refund Policy: Partial refunds will only be issued after the receipt of a written cancellation notice. The Institute fee includes a $200.00 non-refundable deposit/processing fee. Refunds will not be granted after the Institute begins on July 10th.
- Review Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).