Health Career Summer Academy
ANNOUNCEMENT: the 2022 Health Career Summer Academy - August 1-5, 2022
In collaboration with Main Line Health and Meridian bank, the West Chester University College of Health Sciences is offering a summer academy for a limited number of high school students interested in a future health science career, especially those students from underserved populations and communities.
The program will be August 1-5, 2022, from 9:30am-2:30pm each day and will introduce students to potential fields of study, including:
- Sports Medicine
- Physician Assistant
- Exercise Science
- Communication Sciences & Disorders
- Strength & Conditioning
- Respiratory Therapy
- Interact with and learn from current WCU students and faculty members from each department within the College of Health Sciences.
- Receive training and certification in CPR and AED through the American Safety & Health Institute.
- Engage in hands-on learning activities with a variety of healthcare providers, educators, and WCU student mentors.
- Lunch is provided daily.
- All high school students (including those entering high school) are welcome and encouraged to register!
IN THE NEWS
34 Underserved Youth from Coatesville & Chester Examine Health Care Careers Up-Close
At WCU’s Health Career Summer Academy
West Chester University, University Communications & Marketing
High school students examine health care careers up-close at WCU’s Health Career Summer
Daily Local, Pete Bannan