Health Career Summer Academy
ANNOUNCEMENT: the 2021 Health Career Summer Academy - July 19-23, 2021
In collaboration with Main Line Health and Meridian bank, the West Chester University College of Health Sciences is offering a summer academy for a limited number of high school students interested in a future health science career, especially those students from underserved populations and communities.
The program will be July 19-23, 2021, from 9:30am-2:30pm each day and will introduce students to potential fields of study, including:
- Sports Medicine
- Physician Assistant
- Exercise Science
- Communication Sciences & Disorders
- Strength & Conditioning
- Respiratory Therapy
- Interact with and learn from current WCU students and faculty members from each department within the College of Health Sciences.
- Receive training and certification in CPR and AED through the American Safety & Health Institute.
- Engage in hands-on learning activities with a variety of healthcare providers, educators, and WCU student mentors.
- Lunch is provided daily.
- All high school students (including those entering high school) are welcome and encouraged to register!
IN THE NEWS
34 Underserved Youth from Coatesville & Chester Examine Health Care Careers Up-Close
At WCU’s Health Career Summer Academy
West Chester University, University Communications & Marketing
High school students examine health care careers up-close at WCU’s Health Career Summer
Daily Local, Pete Bannan
The 2021 Health Career Summer Academy has reached full enrollment and registration is now closed. Please check back in the future for information about the 2022 program. Thank you!