Health Career Summer Academy
ANNOUNCEMENT: This year’s program will be cancelled due to ongoing concerns related to COVID-19
In collaboration with Main Line Health, the West Chester University College of Health Sciences is offering a summer academy for a limited number of high school
students interested in a future health science career, especially those students from underserved populations and communities.
The program will introduce students to potential fields of study, including:
- Sports Medicine
- Physician Assistant
- Exercise Science
- Communication Science & Disorders
- Strength & Conditioning
- Respiratory Therapy
- Interact with and learn from current WCU students and faculty members from each department within the College of Health Sciences.
- Receive training and certification in CPR and AED through the American Safety & Health Institute.
- Attendees visit Lankenau Medical Center in Wynnewood, PA with the WCU student mentors to engage in hands-on learning activities with a variety of healthcare providers and hospital staff.
- Lunch is provided daily.
- All high school students (including those entering high school) are welcome and encouraged to register!
- For students attending from the Coatesville area, bus transportation will be provided daily, with pick-up and drop-off at Coatesville Youth Initiative.
IN THE NEWS
34 Underserved Youth from Coatesville & Chester Examine Health Care Careers Up-Close
At WCU’s Health Career Summer Academy
West Chester University, University Communications & Marketing
High school students examine health care careers up-close at WCU’s Health Career Summer
Daily Local, Pete Bannan
Contact Dr. Dan Baer at (610) 436-2139 oremail Dr. Baer