Meet Our Students
Welcome to West Chester University! Our MBA program is a joint effort of four premier
departments on campus - the Accounting, Finance and Economics, Marketing and Management
departments. It is truly a collaborative environment. The School of Business is accredited
by AACSB International - the premier global accrediting body for business schools.
Our recently admitted MBA students surveyed are both traditional learners and working
adults. 66% are 30-40 years of age. Average professional work experience at the time
of MBA admission is 8 years. Average undergraduate GPA for incoming students is 3.4.
67% of our incoming students surveyed have incomes over $60,000 per year.
Our graduates are consistently satisfied with their West Chester experience. Graduates
appreciate our online flexibility, real world application and top value offerings.
39% of our recent graduates surveyed have incomes over $100,000. Those graduates
report an average increase in salary of 11% after they earn their degree. 82% earn
over $60,000 annually and those graduates report an increase in salary of 15%. Almost
10% go on to obtain doctoral or professional degrees after their West Chester MBA.
The program is specifically structured to accommodate professionals who work full-time
and want to enhance their professional credentials on a part-time basis. Online courses
don't require students to commute to campus or to log in at set times.
Our students come from all walks of life and a variety of backgrounds. Many students
are traditional students who have recently started their careers. Many students are
advanced professionals furthering their own knowledge and careers. Below is just
a sampling of our diverse student body:
- Jessica Testa '18 has earned her MBA from West Chester over the last 18 months while simultaneously
managing a portfolio of over 65 hotels for Hilton Worldwide in Latin America. She
spent three years living and working in Colombia, where she helped to open the country's
first Hampton hotels, and was Hilton's youngest General Manager globally. At a
recent conference in Cartagena, Colombia, she was recognized by three Hilton Global
Heads for the impact of her work in Latin America.
- Michael Blaustein is a current MBA student in his third semester. He was the managing director at
DuPont Ventures for El DuPont de Nemours & Co., Inc. until 2016. He is now working
with entrepreneurial companies in the greater Philadelphia region as a consultant
and business partner. He holds an A.B. in Chemistry from Columbia and an M.S. and
Ph. D. in Organic Chemistry from Yale.
- Ashlee Traynham '17 is a recent graduate of the MBA Program. She is Senior Living Specialist for CVS
Health. Ashlee and her team cover the entire country to promote and educate LTC (long-term
care) facilities with their pharmacy needs and to develop strategies in order to
impact the assisted living and skilled sector.
- Ebenezer Affainie '17 is a recent graduate of the MBA Program. He is the controller for Overseas Strategic
Consulting, Ltd. He leads the company's grants/contracts management, finance and
accounting functions and development efforts in Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eurasia.
He holds his M.A. in Industrial Management from Kwame Nkumah University of Science
and Technology in Ghana.
- Eric Barnes '17 is a recent Alumnus of the MBA Program. He has worked in both manager and director
roles in the retail petroleum industry for several fortune 500 companies including
Energy Transfer Partners, Sunoco and Susser Holdings. Eric is currently the Information
Technology Engineering Manager for Wawa, Inc. He holds a B.S. in Computer Science
with a Mathematics minor from Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi, TX
- Franciele Carraro '17 is a recent graduate of the MBA Program. She is an international student from Brazil,
who previously worked as a graduate assistant for the MBA program. Her work experience
goes from being an instructor of business at technical schools to a marketing manager
at various wineries. She holds a bachelor's degree in Business and a graduate certificate
in Marketing from the Faculdade Cenecista de Bento Goncalves in Brazil.
- Verne Freeman '17 is a recent Graduate of the MBA Program. She is currently the controller for Benchmark
Senior Living. She holds her M.S. in Human Services Administration from the University
- Jennifer Plebani '17 is a former student and Graduate of the MBA Program. She is the Director, Brand
Research, Strategy and Innovation at BrandIQ. She was previously an Assistant Professor
of Psychology in Psychiatry, Research Track, at the University of Pennsylvania's
Perelman School of Medicine. She received an MA from West Chester University, with
a research focus on exploratory behavior in laboratory and captive animals. She received
her Ph.D. in Experimental Psychology from the University of Vermont in 2004.
- Bryan Shipley is a current MBA student in his first semester. Bryan received his Bachelor's degree
from Pennsylvania State University in Management and Marketing. He currently works
as a Client Services Treasury Specialist for the Bank of New York Mellon. With an
MBA from West Chester University, Bryan looks forward to learning and performing
as many management roles as possible.
- Jeff Hennessy is a current MBA student in his final semester. He is currently the Director of
U.S. Operational Risk for Barclaycard, in Wilmington, De. He has previously worked
in Credit, Credit Risk and Operational Risk for Bank of America, MBNA and Corestates.
Prior to enrolling at WCU, he received his BS in Finance from the University of
Notre Dame. Jeff previously started MBA studies at the University of Delaware but
stopped due to work and family obligations. After exploring West Chester's MBA program,
he re-enrolled to take advantage of the convenience, quality teaching and value available
- Michael Konstantino is a current MBA student in his fourth semester. He graduated from Tulane University
with a B.A. in Political Science. He is a Foreign Service Officer with over 17 years
of experience at the U.S. Department of State and is currently posted to the U.S.
Embassy in Skopje, Macedonia as the Chief of Management. Michael has served at U.S.
embassies and consulates in many different parts of the globe including Europe, Africa,
the Middle East, and the Caribbean.
- Natalie Oster is a current MBA student at West Chester University in her second year. She holds
a bachelor degree in Nutrition and Dietetics from the University of Maryland. Natalie
has more than 18 years' experience working for non-profit organizations in various
roles. She is currently working on Community Health Initiatives for UPMC Pinnacle
- Apeayena Agbugui is a current MBA Student in her first semester. She recently graduated from West
Chester University with a BS in Accounting. She is starting her career in public
accounting at a Big Four Accounting Firm.
- Jennifer Haus '18 is a recent graduate of the MBA Program. She received a BS in Sport and Exercise
Science and a Doctorate of Physical Therapy from the University of Delaware. She
is a healthcare professional with over 10 years of experience in orthopedic rehabilitation.
Jennifer is a site director, physical therapist at ATI Physical Therapy.
- Matthew Myers '18 is a recent graduate of the MBA Program. He obtained his BA in Business Administration
with a concentration in Finance at the University of Delaware. He has over 12 years
of leasing experience. He is the Scorecard Leader in the United States for De Lage
- Jonathan Skursha '18 is a recent graduate from the MBA Program. He obtained his BS in Business Administration
from California University of PA. He served eight years in the US Army. Jonathan
currently manages a territory for Medtronic in Philadelphia, PA, a high-grade medical
- Sarah Busch '18 is a recent graduate from the MBA Program. She received her BS in Accounting from
West Chester University. Sarah previously worked for 48th Force Support Squadron
of the US Air Force at RAF Lakenheath, United Kingdom as a Non-Appropriated Funds
Accountant. She, now, is the Accounting Officer For Exeter Township in Reading, PA.
- Christopher Povorotne '18 is a recent graduate of the MBA Program. He received his BS of Accounting from West
Chester University in May of 2010. He has 8 years of experience as an auditor. Christopher
is currently a Senior Auditor at Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) whose mission
is to protect America's defense investments. Utilizing the flexibility of the online
MBA platform, Christopher was able to obtain his degree in less than two years while
also working full-time.
- Benjamin Carlson '18 is a recent graduate from the MBA Program. He holds a BS in Management & Marketing
with a minor in MIS from the University of Delaware. He spent the first 10 years
of his professional career at Accenture. Benjamin now works for Comcast as a Data
Engineering Manager in their Enterprise Business Intelligence organization.
- Olga Kurganova '18 is a recent graduate of the MBA Program. She obtained her Bachelor and Master of
Art in English and Literature from Saratov Chernyshevsky State University in Russia.
With four years of experience in various legal roles, she is currently a Labor and
Employment Paralegal at Morgan Lewis & Bockius, LLP.
- Kyle Scheetz '18 is a recent graduate of the MBA Program with a Certificate in Business Analytics.
He obtained his BS in Finance and Economics. He has over 6 years of experience in
the financial services industry. Kyle is currently the Director of Sales Operations
for eMoney Advisor, a financial software company based out of Radnor, PA.
- Michael Breen '18 is a recent graduate from the MBA Program. He received his BS in Psychology from
King's College with a concentration in Neuroscience. He has 20 years of professional
experience in the vaccine industry within commercial operations. Michael currently
works as a Senior Key Account Manager at Sanofi-Pasteur.
- Charity Voland '18 is a recent graduate of the MBA Program. She received her BS in Health Science and
also in Psychology from Saint Francis University. She also received her MS in Occupational
Therapy from the same university. With over 10 years of professional experience,
Charity is an Occupational Therapist and Associate Director of Clinical Services
at Camco Physical and Occupational Therapy.
- Daniel John Graper '18 is a recent graduate of the MBA Program with a certification in Business Analytics.
He received his Bachelor of Arts in Music from the University of Delaware, has a
programming certificate from the Chubb Institute of Technology, and is a certified
Project Management Professional (PMP). Dan has 26 years of professional experience
across various industries including music, retail, banking, and pharmaceuticals.
Daniel is currently a senior manager in the SAP Integration and testing team supporting
cloud integration systems and API development at Pfizer Pharmaceuticals.
- Rasheed Ali '18 is a recent graduate from the MBA Program. He obtained his BS in Business Administration
from California State University. With over 16 years of professional experience,
Rasheed currently works for Marvell Semiconductor as a Legal & Compliance Administration
Assistant. During prior years, he has spent some time internationally in Saudi Arabia,
South Korea, and Qatar working for other companies in various roles.
- Desirae Ford '18is a recent graduate from the MBA Program. She received a BS in Health Policy and
Administration from Penn State. She has six years of experience in the medical industry
and currently works as the Manager of Decision Support for the University of Maryland
St. Joseph Medical Center.
- Raymond Bonnett '18 is a recent graduate from the MBA Program. He obtained his Bachelor degree in Computer
Science from Drexel University and has worked for large global firms such as SMS,
Siemens and Cerner. He has 32 years of professional experience leading a variety
of business operations within healthcare IT and is currently serving as the Vice
President of Professional Services for Allscripts.
- Luisa Varnay '18 is a recent graduate from the MBA Program. She received her BA in Economics from
the University of the Philippines. While finishing her degree, she was working as
an International Program Manager for American Bible Society in Philadelphia. In 2016,
she opened her own consulting firm, Flourish Nexus LLC, offering project management
services to nonprofit organizations.
- Bubacarr Ndow '18is a recent graduate of the MBA Program. He received a BS in Accounting from Saint
Cloud State University. He is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA). Bubacarr is currently
a Collateral Valuation Analyst for Annie-Mac Mortgage.
- Greg Cordivari '18 is a recent graduate of the MBA program. He was a Senior Financial Analyst for Aramark's
Sports and Entertainment group until June 2018. He has recently joined AmerisourceBergen,
a Fortune 12 company, as a Corporate Finance Manager overseeing the Corporate Shared
Services teams based out of ABC's headquarters in Conshohocken, PA. He holds a B.S.
in Business Administration with a concentration in Finance from The Catholic University