Objectives of the MBA Program: The WCU MBA program provides businesses and non-profits with managers who are able to:
- Critically analyze and identify business problems and opportunities;
- Use quantitative methods and technology to support problem analysis and decision-making;
- Use and communicate information to influence an organization;
- Build teams, empower colleagues, and motivate subordinates within an organization;
- Integrate decision-making across all business functions to develop effective strategies; and
- Understand the importance of ethical decision-making.
These skills and abilities are achieved within the following Learning Goals of the WCU MBA:
- Communication Skills - Students should be able to communicate business information;
- Knowledge - Students will understand basic business terminology and concepts;
- Information Literacy/Critical Thinking - Students will be able to critically analyze and identify business problems and opportunities;
- Teamwork - Students will be able to build teams, and motivate subordinates within an organization;
- Ethics - Students will be able to understand the four areas of business ethics - social responsibility, corporate governance, ethical decision making and ethical leadership;
- Business Tools and Processes - Students will be able to use business tools and processes to support problem analysis and decision-making;
- Decision Making - Students will be able to integrate decision making across all business functions to develop effective strategies; and
- Satisfaction - Students will exhibit an overall satisfaction of the program, the teaching methods utilized and advising.