When will I receive my room assignment?

Room assignment and roommate information will be e-mailed to students' WCU e-mail account in late July. Later applicants will be notified of their assignment on a rolling basis as space becomes available.

What do I do if I want to room with someone who is already an on campus resident?

We gladly honor roommate requests provided the requests are reciprocal, meaning each person needs to request the other. Both students can select each other through their MYWCU account under My Housing where a Roommate Application is accessible.  Students wishing to room together should choose each other in this application to create the match.  Incoming first-year students may also select a roommate through the MyCollegeRoomie matching process. Information regarding this matching process will be sent directly to first-year students. 

Why did I get assigned to a 24-hour environment?

Each year we have more requests for standard quiet hours housing than we have standard quiet hours spots. We try to accommodate as many requests for standard quiet hours as possible, but do find that we must assign some students to 24-hour quiet housing.

How do I request a roommate/room change?

Please note, we try to accommodate reasonable WCU Housing resident preferences. If you find that you are unhappy with your assignment, room changes can be requested during the a designated period in the beginning of each semester, as well as between semesters.

Room change requests are dependent on the availability of space in the residence halls and apartments. Occasionally, urgent room change requests are granted. If you feel that your situation is urgent, make an appointment with your Hall Director to discuss your concerns.

Room changes without Hall Director approval are NOT permitted. All room changes need to follow proper procedure and must be conducted during the room change period at the beginning of each semester or between semesters. Any student who changes rooms or apartments without first obtaining the written approval of the Hall Director will immediately be moved back into the originally assigned room or apartment and may be subject to disciplinary action.

I no longer need on campus housing. How do I cancel my housing contract?

Any student who wishes to cancel their housing should email