Who Are We:
The Office for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion provides leadership and expertise to West Chester University to advance its commitment to the principles of inclusivity, service, and academic excellence. Through programmatic and educational initiatives, collaborative partnerships, and outreach we cultivate an environment that welcomes all.
To become a national leader of inclusive excellence in higher education by leveraging internal and external partnerships.
- Monitor and support a positive campus climate
- Provide educational opportunities and facilitate training that promote a greater understanding of identities, inequities, multiculturalism, inclusion and social justice
- Enhance and support campus efforts to increase access, retention and success of faculty, staff and students from underrepresented groups.
- Monitor and recommend policies that promote an equitable learning and working environments free from discrimination and harassment.
- Ensure compliance with Equal Employment/Educational Opportunity, Title IX and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) through well-defined measures, procedures, data collection and analysis.
- Identify and advocate for resources which enhance institutional diversity initiatives across the university.