Innovation in Diversity & Inclusion Grants
The Innovation in Diversity & Inclusion Grants Council (formerly known as the University Forum), promotes a sense of community, facilitates communication and cooperation among diverse constituencies of the University community, and collaborates in support of the University mission, values statement, and strategic plan with special emphasis on diversity, inclusion, and emergent issues of community importance. This is accomplished through a competitive request for proposal process facilitated annually by a dedicated and engaged group of faculty, staff, and students with support from the Office for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (ODEI). The Council invites grant applications for programs and activities that enhance the WCU campus climate for students, staff, and faculty through scholarship, programming, creative and collaborative activities, teaching, learning, and other aspects of campus community development.
As in years past, the Innovation in Diversity & Inclusion Grants Council welcomes program and research proposals that promote our understanding of race/color/ethnicity, indigeneity, gender, sexuality, immigration and/or international topics, veterans, people with disabilities, health and mental health disparities, non-traditional students, and projects that address educational and opportunity gaps for students, faculty, and staff/administrators.
Fiscal Year 2020-2021 RFP Application Process
RFP Application Deadline is Monday, March 16, 2020 at 4:30 PM.
Beginning Monday, December 9, 2019, the Innovation in Diversity & Inclusion Grants Council is accepting proposal applications from campus community members for programs during Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 semesters. Funding will be focused on programs that support WCU Strategic Plan goals, capacity-building goals, and/or ODEI strategic initiative goals as described within the RFP Guidelines. Programs shall be categorized as follows:
- Campus Climate
- Training and Education
- Recruitment and/or Retention
- Professional Engagement
- Student Engagement
- Faculty and/or Staff Research and Scholarship
RFP Applications are Accepted Online
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants are strongly encouraged to download and carefully review the RFP Guidelines below. To maximize the ease of proposal submission, the Innovation in Diversity & Inclusion Grants Council strongly encourages all applicants to initially write their proposal as a Microsoft Word document (Font size 11, Times New Roman) - then cut and paste the proposal components into the RFP application form.
RFP Assistance and Development Resources
- Download the RFP Guidelines
- Open Sessions for questions and guidance are being offered on:
- Tuesday, February 11, 2020 from 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm in Anderson Hall, Room 456 (ZOOM connection available)
- Friday, February 14, 2020 from 9:00 am - 10:00 am in Anderson Hall, Room 456 (ZOOM connection available)
- Please RSVP for an open session
WCU Celebrates Diversity For All Calendar
- Office for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- WCU Celebrates Diversity Calendar Spring 2020
- WCU Celebrates Diversity Calendar Spring 2019
- WCU Celebrates Diversity Calendar Fall 2018
- WCU Celebrates Diversity Calendar Spring 2018
- WCU Celebrates Diversity Calendar Fall 2017
- WCU Celebrates Diversity Calendar Spring 2017
- WCU Celebrates Diversity Calendar Fall 2016