Cheryl Monturo, PhD, MBE, CRNP
- PhD/MBe 2005 University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing/School of Medicine
- Post-Master's 1996 University of Pennsylvania Adult Acute NP Program Certificate
- MSN 1989 University of Pennsylvania Tertiary Care Program
- BSN 1980 William Paterson University
- 2002 (Re-certified) Acute Care Nurse Practitioner - American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- 1996 Nurse Practitioner - State of Pennsylvania
- 1987 Nutrition Support Nurse - American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition
Professional Interest and Research Areas
- Palliative/end-of-life care
- Artificial nutrition and hydration
- Cognitive Anthropology
- The meaning of food
Dr. Monturo is an associate professor of Nursing at West Chester University, a John A. Hartford Scholar class of 2002, Associate Fellow of the Institute of Aging at the University of Pennsylvania, and past recipient of a national Veteran Affairs Fellowship. She is currently the Interim Department Chairperson of the Department of Nursing.
With extensive experience in the areas of artificial nutrition and related bioethical issues, Dr. Monturo published several papers on this and other related palliative care and oncology topics, in addition to numerous presentations at local, national and international levels.
Read more Faculty Profiles