National Guard Benefits (EAP)
Applying for the Educational Assistance Program (EAP)
The Pennsylvania Army National Guard provides current soldiers the opportunity to
attend any of the 14 state funded institutions of higher learning tuition free as
part as their Educational Assistance Program (EAP). In order to receive these benefits,
you must be any active drilling member of a PAARNG National Guard or Air National
Guard. The process is listed below. If at any time you have questions regarding your
personal application, contact your Unit’s full time Readiness NCO.
- Unit’s will begin receiving applications the April prior to the following year’s fall
term, and will hand them out at IDT. If you are not present at this drill, see your
Chain of Command immediately to get these forms.
- The form will be completed by the soldier and returned to either the Batallion Career
Counselor or Unit Readiness NCO depending on the guidance you receive from your command.
- The unit will mail the applications to the Education Office at FTIG (Fort Indiantown
Gap) where they will be processed.
- Soldier will receive a memo in the mail once the application is processed.
- Once application is processed and approved, the funds will be sent directly to the
University for disbursement into your account.
- The deadline for the applications is June 30th for the fall semester. If you turn
the applications past the deadline, funds will be delayed and possibly forfeited depending
on availability of funding.
Please visit the Pennsylvania Army National Guard for more information.
Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) Program for National Guard