National Guard Benefits (EAP)
Applying for the Educational Assistance Program (EAP)
The Pennsylvania Army National Guard provides current soldiers the opportunity to attend any of the 14 state funded institutions of higher learning tuition free as part as their Educational Assistance Program (EAP). In order to receive these benefits, you must be any active drilling member of a PAARNG National Guard or Air National Guard. The process is listed below. If at any time you have questions regarding your personal application, contact your Unit’s full time Readiness NCO.
- Unit’s will begin receiving applications the April prior to the following year’s fall term, and will hand them out at IDT. If you are not present at this drill, see your Chain of Command immediately to get these forms.
- The form will be completed by the soldier and returned to either the Batallion Career Counselor or Unit Readiness NCO depending on the guidance you receive from your command.
- The unit will mail the applications to the Education Office at FTIG (Fort Indiantown Gap) where they will be processed.
- Soldier will receive a memo in the mail once the application is processed.
- Once application is processed and approved, the funds will be sent directly to the University for disbursement into your account.
- The deadline for the applications is June 30th for the fall semester. If you turn the applications past the deadline, funds will be delayed and possibly forfeited depending on availability of funding.
Please visit the Pennsylvania Army National Guard for more information.