Image of Lawrence
Step 1: COMPLETE THE OSSD ONLINE FORM if you are a current WCU student or have committed to attending WCU and have a diagnosed disability; if you have not been previously diagnosed with a disability, please refer to the OSSD Documentation Guidelines
Step 2: SUBMIT APPROPRIATE DOCUMENTATION VIA EMAIL TO OSSD@WCUPA.EDU (once you do so, an email will be sent to your WCU email address that includes information about the type of documentation required and how it should be submitted)
Step 3: ATTEND AN INTAKE MEETING (upon receipt of appropriate documentation, the OSSD will contact you to schedule a one-on-one intake meeting, which will be via Zoom or telephone)
Disability-Specific Documentation Requirements :
- Campus Accessibility Map
- The OSSD is committed to ensuring that all students and visitors are provided accessibility to our office. If, due to a disability, you require accommodation to access our office, please contact us at email@example.com and let us know how we may be of assistance.
- Accessible Shuttle Bus Transportation Services
- Alternate Text Request
If eligible, we may process requests for alternate versions of textbooks for students with disabilities through our online request form.
- ADA Furniture Request Form
- Closed Captioning - for information, please refer to the Accessible Software Applications dropdown link on the Information Technology Accessibility webpage.
Traffic and parking are unpredictable for students, staff, faculty and visitors. Due to ongoing construction, it is advisable to allow extra time (up to 30 minutes) when you have a meeting scheduled in our office. Do not park illegally; we cannot reimburse for parking violations. For an overview of our location, view our campus map .
- Lawrence Center GPS address: 705 S. New Street, West Chester, PA 19383
- New Street Parking Garage: 700 S. New Street, West Chester, PA 19383
- Cross S. New Street and follow the sidewalk around the building to the main entrance (past the diner entrance)
- Street parking (meters/kiosks) is available throughout campus
Check it out!!!
The OSSD Mindfulness Program was implemented in 2017. The mindfulness team works with students to incorporate healthy, mindful habits in their everyday lives through contemplative practice. The Mindfulness Program is free of charge and is open for all registered OSSD students. There is no prior knowledge of mindfulness needed in order to participate!
If you are a student who is registered with the OSSD and would like more information about the OSSD Mindfulness Program, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the University's decision to move to alternate modes of instruction for the remainder of the spring semester, please read this information regarding the OSSD.
- COACHING/TUTORING/MINDFULNESS/SMARTPEN SIGN-UP: Students who are registered with the OSSD can stop in during the first week of classes to request an academic coach, math or writing tutor, mindfulness coach and/or a loaner SmartPen. Incoming freshmen, transfer and at-risk students will be given priority.
- PROCTORING CENTER: If your accommodations include using the OSSD Proctoring Center, please note that proctoring is by appointment only and you need to submit your online requests according to the guidelines posted on the Proctoring Center tab of our website. For more information about the Proctoring Center, contact email@example.com.
- HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS: If you are considering WCU, you may be interested in attending a 30-minute OSSD information session via Zoom. Student attendance is required, but parents and/or guardians are welcome. Scheduling in advance by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (610.436.2517) is required to attend a session.