The Learning Assistance and Resource Center proudly embraces the values of West Chester University and remains committed to treating all members of our community with respect and dignity. Read the full WCU Values statement.
The LARC will offer both in-person and virtual sessions for Fall 2021.
Now accepting applications for Spring 2021
THE LEARNING ASSISTANCE AND RESOURCE CENTER
The Learning Assistance and Resource Center provides academic support through tutoring and academic success coaching services to promote independent and active learners at West Chester University.
To bring the Learning Assistance and Resource Center into the Digital Age, including more online tutoring and success coaching options, virtual staff assistance, and more online collaboration opportunities
To continue and develop on-campus partnerships with various academic and co-curricular units, faculty members, and offices to enhance student support
To be a model for best practices of tutoring and success coaching services through faculty, staff, and student research and to put theory into practice
To be implementing, evaluating, and assessing the methods to continuously improve the department services
Students will walk away from the Learning Assistance and Resource Center with one or more of the following:
The ability to apply learning strategies to promote their own student success in various disciplines
Leadership skills to be used in their future career and educational opportunities
Gain self-awareness through identifying personal strengths and building up areas of improvement
We want you to walk out of the LARC a little more confident than you walked in.
- The LARC will offer both in-person and virtual tutoring sessions for Fall 2021. If you chose an in-person session, masks must be worn at all times.
- All in-person sessions will take place in 224 Lawrence (except Music, which will be in Swope Music Library).
- Tutor Registration for Weekly, Recurring Sessions will open on Tuesday, August 31st. All tutor registration will be virtual (the LARC will not be open). You can access the virtual registration here. You must have a WC Online account before registration.
- You can register for individual tutoring appointments starting September 3rd here: https://wcupa.mywconline.net/. All schedules will be hidden until September 3rd.
- Tutor Zoom Links are located in the tutor BIO on WCOnline (for virtual appointments) or here.
- Success Coaching will be available in-person or online starting August 30, 2021. You can make an appointment here. A Success Coach can help with organization, time management, and other skills necessary needed for success in college.
- Any question regards to tutoring should be directed to Kaitlyn Crouse-Machcinski at KMACHCINSKI@WCUPA.EDU.
- Any question regards to success coaching or Academic Success Workshops should be directed to Rita Patel Eng at RPATELENG@wcupa.edu
- The professional staff will be available Monday-Friday 8am-4pm to answer your questions.