During the Summer Session, each student is assigned to a Peer Group of about 14 students lead by a Peer Assistant.
Peer Assistants are paraprofessional undergraduate student staff members of the Academic Success Program (ASP) and the Office of Residence Life and Housing Services.
- Serve as mentors and role models;
- Live with students in the residence hall;
- Facilitate events and activities;
- Help students acclimate to campus life.
- Live in close proximity to their each other and their Peer Assistant in the residence hall;
- Meet weekly as a group to discuss academic, social, and personal progress;
- Meet individually with their Peer Assistant to discuss academic, social, and personal progress;
- Participate in events and activities as a group or within the larger ASP class.
Interested in becoming a Peer Assistant?