Transit and WCU Shuttle Buses
You can live and work car-free on the WCU campus!
Take advantage the many car-free options found below to save time and money as you travel to and from WCU, while reducing environmental impacts. The benefits of leaving your car at home and finding an alternative commute are worthwhile!
- Regional transit and free WCU Shuttle Buses provide a variety of ways for students and employees to travel to and within the WCU campus.
- For students living in the Borough or on campus, these options create an opportunity to live car-free!
- The recent addition of the Uptown Loop through the Borough of West Chester has helped connect campus to the larger community in a quick, 30-minute trip.
- SEPTA's Paoli / Thorndale Regional Rail line to the Exton Station, then to campus via WCU's Exton Train Station Shuttle Service
- SEPTA's 104 and 92, and 135 bus lines
- ChesCo Bus's SCCOOT line from Oxford to West Chester with a stop on campus on New Street just north of Rosedale Avenue
Please note that SEPTA buses, SEPTA Regional Rail, and ChesCo Bus continue to operate with some modifications to schedules and with COVID-19 suggestions in place (see SEPTA and ChesCo Bus for more information).
SEPTA and ChesCo Bus tickets and fares may be purchased from SSI on the ground floor of Sykes Student Union.
Worried that taking public transit to campus might leave you stranded in the case of an unexpected or unplanned event? The Emergency Ride Home program can reimburse you for emergency use of a taxi, rental car, or Uber or Lyft. (See the webpage for the Emergency Ride Home for details on the conditions and requirements of this program.)
WCU Shuttle Buses
You can find up to date information on all University Shuttle Bus schedules on the University’s Shuttle Bus webpage as well as live GPS tracking and inclement weather updates on the "WCU Shuttle Bus" app, available for download on Google Play and Itunes App Store.
The WCU Uptown Loop Shuttle Bus, providing connection to downtown West Chester, including the Chester County Hospital and Bradford Plaza, provides service Monday - Friday while classes are in session during the Fall and Spring semesters only. Just look for the mini bus with the “Uptown Loop" sign in the window.
Visit the homepage of WCU's Shuttle Bus Services and find more detailed information on all of WCU's shuttle buses at these pages:
- Services and Schedules
- Accessible Transportation for Mobility-Impaired Students
- Bus Stop Maps and Bus Route Videos
- WCU Shuttle Bus App with real time information on shuttle location and schedule changes
Current guidelines regarding safe travel practices within your local community can be found here, and cover travel via carpool, public transit, and other types of ridesharing.
News and Alerts
The Shuttle Bus Welcomes Back WCU Students:
Look for our new bus brochure. It can be found at Residence Halls, bus stops, Public Safety, and Sykes Union. Visit Shuttle Bus Services and Schedules on the web. Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org Have a safe and productive semester!
New Shuttle Bus GPS Service Provider:
The WCU Shuttle Bus Service has a new GPS service provider. Visit the App Store or Google Play and search WCU Shuttle to download the app. Connect to the GPS service provider from your laptop. The previously used DoubleMap app is no longer functional.