Transit and WCU Shuttle Buses
You can live and work car-free on the WCU campus!
Take advantage the many car-free options found below to save time and money as you travel to and from WCU, while reducing environmental impacts. The benefits of leaving your car at home and finding an alternative commute are worthwhile!
- Regional transit and free WCU Shuttle Buses provide a variety of ways for students and employees to travel to and within the WCU campus.
- For students living in the Borough or on campus, these options create an opportunity to live car-free!
- The recent addition of the Uptown Loop through the Borough of West Chester has helped connect campus to the larger community in a quick, 30-minute trip.
- SEPTA's Paoli / Thorndale Regional Rail line to the Exton Station, then to campus via WCU's Exton Train Station Shuttle Service
- SEPTA's 104 and 92, and 135 bus lines
- ChesCo Bus's SCCOOT line from Oxford to West Chester with a stop on campus on New Street just north of Rosedale Avenue
SEPTA and ChesCo Bus tickets and fares may be purchased from SSI on the ground floor of Sykes Student Union.
Worried that taking public transit to campus might leave you stranded in the case of an unexpected or unplanned event? The Emergency Ride Home program can reimburse you for emergency use of a taxi, rental car, or Uber or Lyft. (See the webpage for the Emergency Ride Home for details on the conditions and requirements of this program.)
WCU SEPTA Discount Monthly Pass Sales Program
West Chester University is pleased to offer SEPTA Key Commuter to its students and employees. This opt-in benefit program offers discounted monthly fare products (TransPasses, TrailPasses, and Cross County Pass) for university employees and students. WCU employees and students can purchase discounted fare products through West Chester University electronically each month. Fare products are loaded right onto individuals’ SEPTA Key cards, allowing them to take advantage of the SEPTA system.
This collaboration between West Chester University and the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) provides six types of discounted monthly commuter passes :
- TransPasses , valid for travel on all Buses, Trolleys, Trackless Trolleys, the Norristown High Speed Line, Broad Street and Market Frankford Line, at all times, and
- TrailPasses , valid for regional rail trips for the appropriate zones purchased and on all other transit routes (bus, trolley, trackless trolley, and subway).Zones: 1,2,3, Anywhere + Cross County
WCU Shuttle Buses
You can find up to date information on all University Shuttle Bus schedules on the University’s Shuttle Bus webpage as well as live GPS tracking and inclement weather updates on the "WCU Shuttle Bus" app, available for download on Google Play and Itunes App Store.
The WCU Uptown Loop Shuttle Bus, providing connection to downtown West Chester, including the Chester County Hospital and Bradford Plaza, provides service Monday - Friday while classes are in session during the Fall and Spring semesters only. Just look for the mini bus with the “Uptown Loop" sign in the window.
Visit the homepage of WCU's Shuttle Bus Services and find more detailed information on all of WCU's shuttle buses at these pages:
News and Alerts
The Shuttle Bus Welcomes Back WCU Students:
Look for our new bus brochure. It can be found at Residence Halls, bus stops, Public Safety, and Sykes Union. Visit Shuttle Bus Services and Schedules on the web. Contact us at: email@example.com Have a safe and productive semester!
New Shuttle Bus GPS Service Provider:
The WCU Shuttle Bus Service has a new GPS service provider. Visit the App Store or Google Play and search WCU Shuttle to download the app. Connect to the GPS service provider from your laptop. The previously used DoubleMap app is no longer functional.