Transportation and Parking Services
NOTE: Please see “Transportation and Parking News” below for important updates as the University navigates the challenges posed by COVID-19.
Whether you’re a daily commuter or a first time visitor to West Chester University, whether you’re coming from a few blocks away in the borough or from a town or city many miles distant, this website has information and news to help make your travel better.
On this website, you’ll find up-to-date info on parking services, the university’s shuttle bus system, public transit options, walking and bicycling choices, and more!
Transportation and Parking News
- Transportation to and from campus remains limited at this time.
- As of today, Tuesday, January 19th, all WCU Shuttle Buses are back in service for the Spring Semester. You can find up to date information on all University Shuttle Bus schedules on the University’s Shuttle Bus webpage. All passengers must wear a mask or face covering to ride.
- As of Monday, January 4th, Chesco has updated their schedule and route for the Coatesville LINK. See the changes here.
- Chesco has updated schedules for the SCCOOT service effective November 16th. See all the changes here.
- New transit schedules are going into effect November 16th for Septa. See the latest here.
- Septa has information available on how to return to riding safely as restrictions are being lifted across their service area. See their Recovery Toolkit page.
- Public Transit can be a reliable way for WCU Students, Faculty and Staff to get to and from campus. There are many transit routes that provide access to campus: two SEPTA buses (the 92 and 104), SEPTA Regional Rail and Amtrak trains to Exton, and the ChesCo SCCOOT bus from Kennett Square and Oxford. For information on current operations of each of these services, visit the Transit and WCU Shuttle Buses page of this website. Please note that SEPTA buses, SEPTA Regional Rail, and ChesCo Bus continue to operate with modified schedules and with COVID-19 protocols in place (see SEPTA and ChesCo Bus for more information).
- New for Fall 2020, more weather-protected bicycle parking are available. See the Bicycling and Walking page of this website for details. The 2020-21 academic year will also bring a series of Urban Safe Cycling Workshops to West Chester University. Check back for more details.
For more information
For questions about parking permits, parking lots, and parking policies, please call 610-436-3345 Monday-Friday 8am-2pm.
For questions about Public Transit ticket and pass sales, please contact Student Services Incorporated (SSI) by calling 610-436-2955 Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm.
For questions about West Chester University’s Shuttle Buses, please call 610-436-1053 Monday-Friday 7am-3pm or write via email email@example.com
. During off hours, please leave a voicemail message. We respond to all calls and messages.
For questions about Zagster bikeshare, Zipcars, carpooling, vanpooling, and other commuting options, please write firstname.lastname@example.org