Transportation and Parking Services
Here at West Chester University, we commute with care: however we choose to make our way to and from campus, we do so with an attitude of care for ourselves, each other, and the environment. We show this attitude of care for ourselves by choosing healthier lifestyles through active modes of transportation like bicycling and walking. We show care:
- for ourselves by choosing healthier lifestyles through active modes of transportation like bicycling and walking.
- for our fellow commuters when we share the road, remain alert, and obey the laws of traffic, ensuring the safety of everyone.
- for the environment when we make the choice to commute by shared modes of transportation like carpooling or public transit.
On this website you'll find up-to-date information about campus parking services, carpooling, regional transit, WCU's shuttle bus system (including connections to the community via the Uptown Loop and Exton Shuttle), as well as walking and bicycling choices. Please take the time to explore the tabs above; you may be surprised to find a new mode of transit may be possible for you! And regardless of how you choose to commute, commute with care.
Transportation and Parking News
- New for Fall '22, Color-Coded Shuttle Bus Routes are here! Check out the changes to route names on the university's Shuttle Bus webpage.
- New Electric Vehicle charging stations have been installed in the Science and Engineering Center parking garage. Look for the six new chargers on the lower level.
- West Chester University continues its partnership with DVRPC (Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission) and TMACC (Transportation Management Association of Chester County) in offering the WCU community access to the digital trip planning and carpool connection platform Share-A-Ride! More details are available on the Carpooling webpage.
- SEPTA has good information about using public transit safely as the pandemic evolves. Check out their COVID-19 Info webpage for details.
- WCU staff are working to launch a new Bicycle Lending Library at the Francis Harvey Green Library and a program to sell discounted monthly SEPTA TransPass and TrailPasses. If all goes well, both programs will launch in the Fall 2022 semester. Stay tuned here for updates!