Whether you’re a daily commuter or a first time visitor to West Chester University,
whether you’re coming from a few blocks away in the borough or from a town or city
many miles away, this website has information and news to help make your travel better.
We have collected up-to-date info on parking services, the new WCU RideAmigos commuter choices app (for smartphones and desktop computers), the university’s improved shuttle bus system, public transit options, walking and bicycling choices, and more!
Exciting investments in WCU’s future means getting to and from campus has been a little
more challenging over the past year, but we’re working hard to help you navigate the
changes and find the details you need to get to and from campus by car, ridesharing,
regional rail, bus, shuttle, bike, or on foot. Check out the latest news on the April
ground breaking for the Sciences and Engineering Center and The Commons here.
Transportation and Parking News
- The Zagster Bikeshare annual membership has now been reduced to just $10. Download the Zagster app and
register today to get riding!
- Summer Shuttle Schedule Update: North/South Campus Shuttle Bus Service will be provided during Summer I and Summer
II Sessions, Monday - Thursday (plus Friday exam days) every 20 minutes from 7:40am
- 10:40am and 12:40pm - 3:40pm. No service will be provided for Summer Session III.
- The Uptown Loop Shuttle Service has been suspended for the summer months but will
be back in the Fall! They say absence makes the heart grow fonder. Get ready for
the return of WCU's Uptown Loop Shuttle by downloading the WCU Shuttle Bus App. The app provides real time information on all shuttle bus locations, schedules, stops, and updates
on schedule changes due to inclement weather and campus delays.
- It’s not too early to start exploring all your commuting options for the Fall 2019
semester. Take some time this summer to register for WCU RideAmigos and review all the choices you have to get to and from campus, register for the Zagster Bikeshare Program, install the WCU Shuttle Bus App, and consider joining WCU Zipcar for access to two on-campus rental cars (available to students and employees aged
18 and older).
- WCU Students, Faculty and Staff can get to and from campus via a) two SEPTA buses
(the 92 and 104), b) Regional Rail and Amtrak trains to Exton, c) the ChesCo SCCOOT
bus, and d) WCU’s Uptown Loop Shuttle bus. For more information, visit the Transit and WCU Shuttle Buses page.
- WCU has 17 Rideshare Parking Spaces in prime locations in North Campus parking lots. If you find parking spaces are
hard to come by on campus, team up with a WCU student or employee to score one of
WCU's prime rideshare parking spots in lots A, B, G, K, L, and M. More information
on our Commuter Choices page!
- To comply with state regulations, the two Electric Vehicle chargers in the Sharpless
Street parking garage have been temporarily disconnected. The university is currently
studying options for reconnecting them and will post an update here when additional
information is available. In the meantime, for more information, please contact email@example.com.
- Check out this informative "Ways to Get Around WCU!" video produced by staff and students in WCU's Digital Media Center.