Upcoming Events & Workshops
Fall 2023 Events
Join us this Fall for a new professional development opportunity that combines physical activity with meaningful conversation! Each Tuesday, meet at the Ram Statue in front of Old Library at 11:30am to join us for a discussion on a teaching related topic or theme as we walk around campus. Walks will be no more than an hour, but participants are free to leave at any time.
Each week will have a starting topic, but the conversation will be directed by the
group. Participants are always welcome to bring a teaching challenge, question, or
issue to the group even if it is not related to the daily topic.
Registration is not required but is recommended so you can be contacted about a weather cancellation.
Not interested in walking, but still want to talk about the week’s teaching topic? Join us on Wednesday at 11:30am on Zoom for 30 minutes of conversation around each week’s topic.
- September 19 & 20 - Effective Assessment Methods
- September 26 & 27 - Balancing Teaching and Research
- October 3 & 4 - What to do about AI?
- October 10 & 11 - Should you grade?
- October 24 & 25 - Active Learning Techniques
- October 31 & November 1 - Late Work Policies
Teaching with AI Webinar Series
Build your A.I. literacy by attending a three-part webinar series on incorporating A.I. tools and strategies into your instructional practice. Hosted by TLC staff, these hour-long Zoom sessions start with a brief overview of generative A.I., spend 30 minutes on the session’s topic, and end with time for questions and conversation.
- Teaching with AI: Conversations with Students: 10:00AM Wednesday, September 13
- Teaching with AI: Creating Learning Activities: 10:00AM Friday, October 13
- Teaching with AI: Constructing Assessments: 10:00AM Monday, November 13